Unfixable wheel wobble since lowering

Silverfoxxxx

Sep 27, 2018
Hi,

Had my Cupra R fitted with Bilstein B8’s and sportline springs and had an annoying wobble over 80 mph having them fitted, just had 4 wheel alignment and wheels rebalanced, although it’s a lot better it is still there, the garage can’t seem to find a fix and it’s obviously getting expensive on labour to keep getting it looked at when they can’t find that the problem is.

Any ideas to point in the right direction, what I thought was a reasonably simple job had become a nightmare.

Also had to remove the wheel spacers from the front as that does exasperate the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulusB

Jun 9, 2019
Move your wheels from to the front to the back check of that makes a difference while driving.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Silverfoxxxx

Sep 27, 2018
Move your wheels from to the front to the back check of that makes a difference while driving.

Tried this today, maybe part of the improvement with the wheel alignment but it’s not totally fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulusB

Jun 9, 2019
cupped tyre maybe that was my problem after the alignment was correct. all that time before the alignment was off and the tyres where f#ck#d but not visible to the eyes and feel.

jammygit

Sep 23, 2019
Have you checked the hub nut? My wheel wobbled after I lowered and changed the steering rack, it turned out that the hub nut was loose. Its a massive nut behind the wheel, I think it was an M32 nut if I remember correctly.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.