Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
72864C0E-A9DA-435C-BF0B-8DDE942E5C7A.jpeg
Hi, quick question regarding software and nav updates:

MY19 (One of the first Copper 'S' / 7sp / GPF ST versions); assume standard Navi System, but recall having read that there are some nuances with this unit/software:

Device Part no: 5F0035877
Hardware: H50
Software: 0512
Navigation Database: 6P0919866AF
ECE1 2018/19
Shield: Shield 2016-44 (build 309)

What is the latest software for this device ?

My car delivered June 20th has software 0514.
The rest the same as yours (apart from ‘1030’ mine says ‘1310’ - but I think that’s ‘cos I updated the maps myself)

The nuances are that you can’t load POI’s on it eg no speed cameras

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Thanks for the comprehensive replies. Is the infotainment software updated as part of the map pack too, or should this have been updated at the dealer during service?

Tell

Staff member
Added to those instructions above...

& do a long hold on the volume button to force a reboot before you put the revised map card in. That would be on the end of the list or after you take the card out. The unit will reboot. Software Version Management errors (SVM) on VCDS have been reported across the thread and elsewhere. Believe this is due to people "hot" inserting a revised map card whilst the unit still thinks it has the old version in, but may be due to people faffing it up. More likely to due to not rebooting.

You only know you have an SVM error if you do a VCDS scan via your favourite tool. They need a special procedure to delete it covered in the thread which you can do yourself, dealers won't do this since. Doesn't effect how the unit works but if you like all VCDS errors to be cleared up best not to get them in the first place.

Obdeleven SVM fix is here, post 35:

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....vity-working-ones-for-the-ateca.438134/page-2

There are different ways of producing the clear code but use the Audi enthusiast one myself box and hex conversion screen. They all produce the same. You have to be careful with case sensitivity so using VCDS the case is one way, Obdeleven as above.

Sorry to mention SVM ;).

I gave direct VW links to both the plus and standard map links here June 2019 release these are also on the thread above, (November will see the next release, possible more the end of the month since its always like that or just into December, Plus / High release comes first:).

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/mib2-map-updates-2019-2020-june-2019-release.453008/

The other thing to mention is if you install the all European map it won't give you the 6P Seat part number but a VW one 5F, since it appears that Seat didn't intend to release the all European bundle. Some people edit the part number, this is on this thread to "make it nice". I've left that one as is. The only thing is if the car is past on and somebody does the Seat test of whether its a a mib1 or mib2 it will be identified as a mib1. I'd install the all European map so it's a direct replacement. The bundled countries I believe are for VW / Skoda cars that use direct connection (e.g. VW connect) for the update within the unit to save bandwidth in the download. But obviously if driving across Europe you may go off the map in the bundle packs.

Warts and all answer.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Thanks for the comprehensive replies. Is the infotainment software updated as part of the map pack too, or should this have been updated at the dealer during service?

No. There is the infotainment firmware and the map software SD card. There is a thread on updating the infotainment software but I wouldnt touch it myself. More than what it's worth unless you have a very old unit.

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/sw-update-for-mib2-infotainment-system.427280/page-20

If they did update the firmware they would not update the maps since the two are different. Normally they do neither. If the firmware is buggy they would.

Sorry about changing the sequence of posts.

Tell

Staff member
View attachment 10523

My car delivered June 20th has software 0514.
The rest the same as yours (apart from ‘1030’ mine says ‘1310’ - but I think that’s ‘cos I updated the maps myself)

The nuances are that you can’t load POI’s on it eg no speed cameras

For POI uploading see here

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....f-woe-vw-pulled-the-update-site-again.444799/

The caveat is if you have a My19 with a standard navigation unit with wifi then it doesn't work. Covered in that thread. All other units are fine. Not sure of the My20 situation with the Wi-Fi unit at the minute.

Tell

Staff member
It’s the same for MY2020 WiFi units as well according to the Spanish thread.

Ok... hadn't got round to reading that thread yet taking in the My20 reports. It's the firmware / hardware combination. I've editted it into the Ateca thread which is the one that Radas the Poinspector programmer links to for documention :).

I see around post 446 it is confirmed, it fails this test which can still be applied :).... keep doing that check till they sort it out. Your post 1842 above shows the screen results of the test I put on the importing Poi's thread which I've reposted below to save anyone having to read all of the thread if they can't do it in the first place :).

》》
Note MY19 / MY20 Seat Cars - Standard Navi - POI import not working on Specific Infotainment models

It's now become documented via the Spanish Club Seat Ateca site (link below) that the standard navi unit MY19 / MY20 with the build device part number finishing in 877 and 877A will not import user POIs whether generated by Poinspector, commercial or free Pois. The issues goes across to Leon units with wifi on the standard unit and no doubt the Tarraco ($). The Mib2 High plus units are fine which we already knew and all other standard units, just the ones with the Wifi spec. The issue is not related to the software serial number of the units (0512 / 0514) but part number finishing in 877 and 877A.

The part number can be obtained by

● Press the Infotainment MENU button and
then select Setup .

● In the System settings menu, press the
System information function button.

The top line shows the device part number. If that finishes with 877 or 877A then the unit will not import users Poi's. Seat have acknowledged the issue.

More details on the Spanish thread

https://www.clubseatateca.com/threads/cargar-radares-en-los-nuevos-my19-navy-system.8455/

($) UK Tarraco at launch were of the standard type unit without wifi and unaffected although that may change if they supply the car with the wifi spec and current firmware combination in the future.
《《

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019
Hi,

Maybe someone can for me share overall.nds file from SD Europe1 (V7). 6P0919866AF? Brand new car SEAT FR 2.0 TSI navigation not working(error - navigation database not available) from 0 mile. Tried to format, FAT32, NTFS etc. Reloaded map from Seat website, no success. From several forums found out that overall.nds could be a key. Have no other ideas.
Thanks!

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Hi,

Maybe someone can for me share overall.nds file from SD Europe1 (V7). 6P0919866AF? Brand new car SEAT FR 2.0 TSI navigation not working(error - navigation database not available) from 0 mile. Tried to format, FAT32, NTFS etc. Reloaded map from Seat website, no success. From several forums found out that overall.nds could be a key. Have no other ideas.
Thanks!

Can’t share overall.nds a it is tied to your infotainment unit and another copy will not work with your car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell

Staff member
Hi,

Thanks!

Sure it's been activated ?.

That code tallies with the 1030 release, so you just need to download that and that's your overall.nds file that would / will link to your unit assuming it's been activated.

Direct link

http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/DiscoverMedia2_EU1_2718_1030.7z

Maypack: The card is locked to your unit once activated and the overall.nds file is identical to all infotainment units running that release. That's how we get people out of the pickle of loosing the NDS file by getting it back again off the link that tallies with the contents of the SD card. Now if someone took advantage of the six month or so free mapcare with a new car the writing on the card wouldnt tally with what is on it and what is married to the unit, but thats the only exception, but in that case you are informed by what the screen of the unit says.

Last edited:
Reactions: vageris12

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Maypack: The card is locked to your unit once activated and the overall.nds file is identical to all infotainment units running that release. That's how we get people out of the pickle of loosing the NDS file by getting it back again off the link that tallies with the contents of the SD card. Now if someone took advantage of the six month or so free mapcare with a new car the writing on the card wouldnt tally with what is on it and what is married to the unit, but thats the only exception, but in that case you are informed by what the screen of the unit says.

Every day is a learning day.

In all the time I’ve been updating my Sat Nav I didn’t know this.

Cheers

Reactions: Tell
Oct 16, 2019
Sure it's been activated ?.

That code tallies with the 1030 release, so you just need to download that and that's your overall.nds file that would / will link to your unit assuming it's been activated.

Direct link

http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/DiscoverMedia2_EU1_2718_1030.7z

Tell, Thank You!!!
emoji106.png

Navigation is working with maps from your advised link!

Oct 18, 2019
Owner of a Seat Leon ST (2017) here. It came with Europe 1 (V6) maps on the SD card (marked with 6PO.919.866.AB)

I recently tried updating the maps as they were (a little) out of date and stupidly didn't keep a copy of the original contents of it before deleting and writing the downloaded maps.

The downloaded maps just do not work - getting the "navigation database not available" error.

Am I totally screwed or is there something I can do?
Thanks in advance....

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Owner of a Seat Leon ST (2017) here. It came with Europe 1 (V6) maps on the SD card (marked with 6PO.919.866.AB)

I recently tried updating the maps as they were (a little) out of date and stupidly didn't keep a copy of the original contents of it before deleting and writing the downloaded maps.

The downloaded maps just do not work - getting the "navigation database not available" error.

Thanks in advance....

See post 1851. You need a copy of the overall.nds file associated with your Nav.

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member

Thanks in advance....

I place that as ECE1 2018 --- 0915, the answer to the previous question was for V7, your one release back.

You need the download link:

http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/STD2_915_EU1_2018.zip

if you find this one problematic on a ropey internet service use this one:

http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto....der.exe?ver=636797902467464786&extension=.exe

That uses the Skoda download manager written by Trask Solutions to set up a protocol over the internet to keep things moving along. Short delay at the start. The exe file comes off the Skoda servers so is virus free in principal. Problem with Skoda servers is they aren't so fast and reliable as the VW so can time out, the Download manager is better on that. Unpacks to the SD card. Doesn't require the use of 7Zip, probably more friendly for Mac users as well. If you cancel after the download without producing the SD, the zip file is saved into the default directory providing flexibility.

First time I've constructed that command copied from a Skoda board. The Skoda filename is entered between the two slashes, we all learn something :). There is always the VW link. Both Skoda links unpack the same set of files

Either link you use in place of the one shown in post 1851 above.

Having got that back you can then do the "workaround method" to do the update covered on the posts above, ditto Valgeris above. The trap is fallen into since the documention assumes you have Mapcare if you don't you use the workaround... if you are using the workaround BACKUP and also put the reboot in after taking the card out as I talk about above so you don't get an SVM error generated.

Most detailed and updated workaround method to minimise issues is in posts 1809 & 1810:

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/navigation-system-updates.388586/page-91

Last edited:
Reactions: Maypack

Tell

Staff member
No... all the same update files ($) which is why we use the VW / Skoda sites since Seat are always late to put them up and the historic files are also available on the other two servers for anyone who makes a mistake with mib2 standard updates.

($) two versions the standard and the high (Plus) set of files:

Skoda Amundsen / VW Discover Media = Seat Standard (Mib2 Standard)

Skoda Columbus / VW Discover Pro = Seat Plus (Mib2 High)

Cartography:

Standard - TomTom

High - Here Maps

Mib1 / Mib2:

Same Mib1 / Mib2 High file, the two integrated

Standard Mib1 and Mib2 files are different

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.