Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Ewan

May 7, 2008
OK I have registered on the Dutch site so will find out in due course how mapcare is enabled.

That's as long as my Google Translate Dutch makes sense

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
As a reply to a post that's gone AWOL

No other SD card works, I've tried backing up the original card data, erasing then copying on the new data but it doesn't work, I've had to erase the card again and copy the original data back on.

Tonka

Update from the Dutch forum;

mapcare is only available if your car has at least the following VIN:

Leon 5 door: 5FER050535 and up
Leon SC: 5FER048818 and up
Leon ST: 5FER051481 and up

If you have an older car you're out of luck and mapcare will not be available...

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh

If you have an older car you're out of luck and mapcare will not be available...

It would appear that the dutch have tried sd cards from newer cars (2014) into older cars (2013) and they don't work either, and these are not downloads from navigation.com.

It would appear that those with earlier cars are not able to update maps at all if I read this correctly, time for a word with dealer/customer services as this is not right, either for free or paid I should be able to update my maps!

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
If that's indeed true (and my car doesn't qualify for mapcare), then it is an utterly crappy SEAT decision... Why on earth should early customers be so screwed? Hope it's not right. Buying a car with navigation data which is permanent and can't be updated doesn't make sense at all. Time to contact my dealer and if that really is the case, the association of customers (not sure about the EU name), they adore such cases :)

Last edited:

joker_fr

Apr 15, 2014

These VIN numbers are 3 letters (FER), my VIN number has 4 letters (FZER).
One of you has 4 characters like me ?

Ewan

May 7, 2008
If that's indeed true (and my car doesn't qualify for mapcare), then it is an utterly crappy SEAT decision... Why on earth should early customers be so screwed? Hope it's not right. Buying a car with navigation data which is permanent and can't be updated doesn't make sense at all. Time to contact my dealer and if that really is the case, the association of customers (not sure about the EU name), they adore such cases :)

I find it very hard to accept that the company who make the Navigation system would manufacture one that cannot receive a map update. There must be another route other than MapCare.

Of course if such is the case maybe that's why they are giving them away free in the UK to get rid of those that can't be updated:confused:

yaffa0

Maybe you guys already covered this thing...

But anyway, the maps for Seat can now be found from HERE maps website. I would post the direct URL but this message board does not allow me to do so. I would need to post at least 15 message before I can post URL's... (what a retard system).

Just select SEAT from the page. If you are on Mapcare, you just need to download and upack the downloaded files to a SD card. Put it in the LEON SD card slot and you are good to go. Navi system should take care of the updating.

The link is below for you to copy-paste.

navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/ViewApplication-DisplayCachedWelcomePage

Last edited by a moderator:

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
I sent a message to Seat Customer Care late last week about this MapCare stuff as I'd not even heard of it before this was mentioned.

Had a message back today saying they are passing in to another department to look at. I'm not expecting much to be honest but hopefully I can get some proper info...

joker_fr

Apr 15, 2014
I sent a message to Seat Customer Care late last week about this MapCare stuff as I'd not even heard of it before this was mentioned.

Had a message back today saying they are passing in to another department to look at. I'm not expecting much to be honest but hopefully I can get some proper info...

Any news?

Ictman

Jun 8, 2014
Hertfordshire
Nav Updates

I was Just doing a little bit of searching after reading the comments of this thread and went to the navigation.com web site, and came across this web page which list all the car Manufactures that you can down load map up dates.

htt****navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/en_GB

If you Click on the SEAT Icon it Takes you to the Page where you can down load updates. As well as English their is Deutsch Français Italiano Español Nederlands. :):)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.