Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Voikkari

Jul 12, 2017
I tried this update but I think I failed.
So that OVERALL.NDS is needed to get latest update to work?

But is there any another way? Because I accidentally deleted that OVERALL.NDS. I search that but didn't found. I used several programs scan my hdd.

Blokie

Jul 2, 2017
I tried this update but I think I failed.
So that OVERALL.NDS is needed to get latest update to work?

But is there any another way? Because I accidentally deleted that OVERALL.NDS. I search that but didn't found. I used several programs scan my hdd.

I think without your original overall.nds file you're only option is a visit to the stealers :-(

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
I have that card and a backup of that file if you want it

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

eltawater

May 1, 2008
Yup it's a backup of my card before I upgraded my mib2 the other day. Drop me a pm with your email

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Tell

Staff member
Let us know how it works... mib2. The hidden file on the sector you can't access is the one that ties you card to the unit. The one you have been given should be common unless it writes back to that at installation but all things being equal the date on that should tally with the rest.

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
tRt4f2s.png

Will try the Windows version today see how it gets on.

Last edited:

Smithcd

Apr 8, 2017
Just tried the 0820 card in my car, seems like it has worked... post codes still isn't as good as I'd like. Why can't it do a full post code like every other aftermarket system. Glad I've updated my phones data allowance so I can use Apple maps( wish it were google maps).

Thanks Tell and notabenem for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eltawater

May 1, 2008
tRt4f2s.png

Will try the Windows version today see how it gets on.
You still in MK? I'm over in Bedford so if you can point me at the URL you used to download your update, I can grab the file and try to extract it for you.

Deleted member 111367

Reckon it's this one... your thread when you had it working

Links not allowed so removed

VW leave these files up on their servers so you can get at them by googling elements of the filename. The files are standard across the VAG group so when they first come out and not wrapped up in each VAG model menu download, people find where they are they post up the links which is useful :).

Hi all

Tried putting the P59 files on the SD card and didn't work. Then put old DBINFO file - didn't work. Did a mix of the DBINFO file (top part old, bottom part new) still didn't work. Map flashed up but then error. Navigation data not valid.

The original SD card is a V5 with the following info - any help appreciated!

PartNumber2="5G0919866N "
PartNumber3="5E0051236E "
PartNumber4="5F0919866H "
ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0040"
SystemName=" ECE 2014/15 "

Paul

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
You still in MK? I'm over in Bedford so if you can point me at the URL you used to download your update, I can grab the file and try to extract it for you.

Thats using the official Mac/Windows programme to do it as well. God knows it wont do it on Windows or Mac.

Voikkari

Jul 12, 2017
Let us know how it works... mib2. The hidden file on the sector you can't access is the one that ties you card to the unit. The one you have been given should be common unless it writes back to that at installation but all things being equal the date on that should tally with the rest.

That overall.nds which I got from eltawater saved my day. That was all I needed to get this new 0820 update working. If I did not accidentally deleted my own I have tried use that. This same tip has been written also here.

In 0820 package also include overall.nds but I think that include something important information which tide unit, card and update together.

Gentlemen, a successful update report here.

My PartNo on the original SD card is: 6P0919866H

I managed to update from 0635 to 0820 with exciter's approach, i.e.:
1. Reformatted the SD card that had 0635 on it
2. Copied the freshly dowloaded 0820 version to the SD card
3. Replaced /maps/EEC/EEC_WLD/OVERALL.NDS on the SD CARD with that from 0635
4. edited the /maps/00/nds/dbinfo.txt so that one of the PartNumberX entries correctly has my own part number in it, that is I replaced PartNumber4 from PartNumber4="6P0919866R" to PartNumber4="6P0919866H"
5. Inserted the card into the card and voila: 0820 working.

Step #4 may be completely useless, I did it nevertheless, and did not test without it. YMMV.
The fact that exciter made it work without #4, is a strong argument to try without it.

This is a fresh: tested a couple of route calculations, searches, all was OK so far, no reboots. Will report back after a couple of days.

I also formatted my card before I transferred my files there. I did not edit any partitions if there is but when I checked that there was only this one big partition where you copy all map data.

I did change that which step 4 say. That's only information in system if you check which version you are using etc.

I also found that if you want to use own card you need clone some card information your own card but I didn't need to do that because this original is fine to me.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.