Tell

Staff member
Is that the Mib2 Standard or High. The High ones (Seat Plus, Columbus, Discover Pro) the distance is computed by the cars infotainment system on the cars speed so you cant change those it's fully automatic (that's what I have) whilst the standard ones (where the SD card holds the maps) are manually set where each unit is 1 metre in that setting.

I'd take it up on the developers website if you still feel it isn't working. On the VW implementation distance was not a parameter you could not change it but was a bugbear by some on and off when you read the boards for Mib1 (must have been Mib1 High thou). Some people used database tools to edit the stored parameter and then altered the checksums to get it to reload. That's why Radas the programmer made it user configurable. You can read that column of the file with SQLite... you can find that in threads so you could or anybody QA Radas program to see whether these change as you alter the units (back burner thing for me (*)). I've looked in the past for interest at the upload. May be its that strip of numbers that some units don't read.

Saying all of this other people say the distance setting work fine on this thread. Maybe it is a bug in some versions. Radas says it doesn't always work on some units. Early Mib2 as I understand it didn't have the warble implemented prior to 2016... I can only really speak for what I have which is a Plus where he fixed the program for me where originally it wasn't working and what I've read. I'd take it up with the developer on his website. Its only been since January 2018 where he updated the program to work with Mib2, it has a long history before, then he got it going with Mib 2.5 High in the summer on the back of fixing Mib 2 High for me. I don't think Mib 2.5 has reached Seat yet. Yours isnt a Mib 2.5 SD, some new untested permutation of equipment.

(*) have to check an original VW produced file against the program on the latest Radas update... having moved house might pass on this till a spare moment

Last edited:

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Mines an MIB2 STD from a 67 facelift car so I would expect it to not be an early model. The ability to have the warble is great and I like the fact it does warn me. When setting the distance up when adding the Cameras as POI’s, the box where the value is input doesn’t state what the unit is. I’m assuming it is set as M but it may be different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell

Staff member
Maypack you are correct the Mib2 Standard ones are like the Mib2 High ones either turned on or off, so the distance in meters has no effect you just toggle between 0 and 1. This can be seen in the pPoiCategoryTable of the database \PersonalPOI\MIB2TSD\personalpoi\ppoidb\1\default in the table poidata.db3 (Mib2 Standard upload files). No sign of the metres being used or set at a default by the VAG generated tables.

The table viewed in SQLite Expert:

zKWXLbl.jpg

It's toggled via the warning field. Appears the same in the VAG generated ones and these. Must have been a Mib1 or before that where they could be fine tuned by the program. I am not sure where the Mib2 standard has the intelligence to change the warning distance based on your speed. You would have to creep up on a camera and see whether it warned you later than normal driving speed.

I'll review what I posted up on the instructions and edit as required.

Thanks.

BTW these tables can't be edited by the user without recomputing the check sums.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim45 and Maypack

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Interesting, maybe why mine doesn’t always warble as I have set it in metres, are you saying that they need to be set to 1 to warble?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
All my Speed Camera POI’s have a figure greater than 1 set but I still occasionally have instances where no warble is given. I understand now that the Warble is either on or off (1 or 0) and once set this shouldn’t change but it appears (in my case anyways) it does

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Jim over 1 metre it still sets it as 1, as a 0 or 1 toggle so has no effect.

Next time I update I might as well set them all to 1.

I have noticed warbles at different distances, could that be speed related?

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
All my Speed Camera POI’s have a figure greater than 1 set but I still occasionally have instances where no warble is given. I understand now that the Warble is either on or off (1 or 0) and once set this shouldn’t change but it appears (in my case anyways) it does

As I mentioned in a previous post, mine doesn’t always warble either?

Tell

Staff member
It would be nice to think that the Mib2 Standard (Discover Media in VW model form) doesn't sound for a good reason in some instances as reported. It is an all together different model to the Mib2 High that warbles merrily. Perhaps they have a different threshold using the cars speed or the processor cant keep up with it. Pass on that.

You'd have to experiment by running past the camera again as to fathom out whether the effect can be reproduced.

Feb 10, 2019
I've read the entire thread and followed the steps, but just can't get this working in my car - and no idea what I'm doing wrong! The car can see there's an update waiting, but the Navigation app can't. Argh!

Tell

Staff member
Have you got the correct tree structure that appears of the file in the top left of the first image. They can hang down in the MIB1 / 2 they have to be like that. Non nested. The previous RNS allowed you to nest them so Radas the programmer kept that facility in but for MIB2 you must have them all at the top. Nothing fancy.

The only other thing I can think is you are outputting it to the wrong unit. It has to be MIB1/2 and if it's a standard set to that Discover Media. not Pro. If MIB2 hight /plus then pro unit.

Once the file is read in to your unit you need to select the icons to show else it will import but you won't see the results on the map. Failing all of that contact Radas the programmer.

Feb 10, 2019
Have you got the correct tree structure that appears of the file in the top left of the first image. They can hang down in the MIB1 / 2 they have to be like that. Non nested.

I've only got 1 category, and all 15,000+ under that one

The only other thing I can think is you are outputting it to the wrong unit. It has to be MIB1/2 and if it's a standard set to that Discover Media. not Pro. If MIB2 hight /plus then pro unit.

I have tried both ways. What unit do I have? The device part number starts 5F so I assumed MIB1.

Attachments

• 20190320_172719.jpg
    20190320_172719.jpg
    1,005.4 KB · Views: 162
Feb 10, 2019
That's a mib2 standard so it's the discover media option. Take it you see all the Poi's in Poisnpector. You increment to 1 metre for sound. SD card should be blank before use.

Thanks - spoke to developer - says it's a SEAT problem with latest models and no solution as yet

Tell

Staff member
Thanks - spoke to developer - says it's a SEAT problem with latest models and no solution as yet

It does work on the very latest Arona 2019 standard unit and the Ateca 2016 plus unit with the firmware it came with and the very latest firmware. The units do have identity model codes in them as I understand it which the software has to know about. That's how the old VW website based one worked.

Is yours the latest standard unit that supports wifi ?. The Arona latest standard unit doesn't have wifi. Wondering whether that could be the model. Wondering whether it's the latest wifi specced standard unit where the issue is on the Seat side.

When you get a solution post up, else it will leave the thread looking like there is still a problem.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.