Uprated camshaft?

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
I am aware a certain 110 owner has a new "secret" camshaft, but is it generally accepted among the PD tuning enthusiasts that the oem camshaft shouldn't be touched?

Otherwise, the obvious question is what's involved in its replacement and with what - and what benefits would be seen. :) Ta.

racingtdi.com

I am aware a certain 110 owner has a new "secret" camshaft

don't know if you're talking about my new camshaft...maybe on this thread: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72294

Well mine are not secret. I just don't know the specs. If you go to all4tdi.de, maybe using a translator, you can see that they sell 3 kinds of camshafts. To for TDI (normal and racetipe) and one for pd. Mine is none of them, it was specially built.

but I think a fellow from Portugal with a PD and different cams already, he is member of seatcupra.net.

prc

Sooty Meister
devonutopia said:
...... but is it generally accepted among the PD tuning enthusiasts that the oem camshaft shouldn't be touched?.........

How told you that? :confused:
As Rui mentioned there are already some runing about...

What is in fact true is that not every tuner will be able to do something with it. Getting hp from a tdi is pretty easy, but there are not many qualified to chip a cam in.... ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise