V2 exhaust pops in Sport mode??

Mar 2, 2021
Hi all,

New to the forum, having just ordered my V2 today. Would have loved to have got a VZ but the pennies just wouldn't stretch.

So, with that in mind, can any of you tell me if the 1.5 TSi produces the engine pops when in 'sport', as the VZ does in 'sport' and 'Cupra' mode (to varying degrees I understand), or is that something that only comes with the VZ models?

Thanks!

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I don't know, but 1.5TSI does not have 4 exhaust pipes nor does it have the valve that opens up. It's unlikely that 1.5TSI has pops and bangs. If they really wanted to do it, I'm sure they would be able to do it. But I would be surprised if it is present on the 1.5 TSI version.

Reactions: HairyBarista

Zephyr

Just send it!
Dec 28, 2020
Madrid (SPAIN)
I don't know, but 1.5TSI does not have 4 exhaust pipes nor does it have the valve that opens up. It's unlikely that 1.5TSI has pops and bangs. If they really wanted to do it, I'm sure they would be able to do it. But I would be surprised if it is present on the 1.5 TSI version.

Pops and bangs come from a small additional fuel injection when exhaust valves are opened (think of it as a somewhat brutal way of cleaning any soot on the Turbo) and fuel ignites/explodes on the header.

in fact.. if anyone would want it up to the 1.0 3banger could pop and bang on decel.

Reactions: HairyBarista
Mar 2, 2021
Pops and bangs come from a small additional fuel injection when exhaust valves are opened (think of it as a somewhat brutal way of cleaning any soot on the Turbo) and fuel ignites/explodes on the header.

in fact.. if anyone would want it up to the 1.0 3banger could pop and bang on decel.
Cheers. Obvs the 1.5 does have a turbo, so is the previous correct in that it lacks the valve in the exhaust?

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
The only pops and bangs the 1.5TSI is putting out is when it’s spluttering along in kangaroo mode

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Aaahh a bit of good old fashioned “my engines bigger than yours” snobbery!
I had a 1.5 TSI

i have a diesel with 150bhp, it’s as sporty as a 1.5 TSI i guess

no big engine snobbery here.

i just don’t get why you would want your pops and bangs on your 1.5 TSI as your trundling down the road having to think twice to overtake an artic or not as not enough power but popping and banging away as if a formula 1 car.

maketh no sense

Zephyr

Just send it!
Dec 28, 2020
Madrid (SPAIN)
As told previously. Any gasoline engine can Pop and bang. Is just a question of engine spark retard and late injection... doesn't matter if is a 1.5TSi or 1.0 3banger. An N/A engine too (no need for Turbos for being incivil....).

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.