Vac line simplification

Apr 4, 2021
I recently got a mk1 pd150 Leon that the previous owner had a boosting problem that when he'd go over 2.2 bar of boost it would go into limp mode. He ripped the vac lines out so I'm not putting them in but I'm struggling with it quiet a bit As I don't know where the original ones ran. The big one I can't jnder stand is how the tandem pump connects to the brake servo because on the diagram I've seen on the golf mk4 owners club theres no line going to the servo.
Thanks any help would be much appreciated

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Vacuum lines are something I've never touched, short of replacing the ones that have degraded over the years, but I can tell you for sure that mine are completely stock, so if you do need me to nip out to the car and take photos of anything in particular, I'd be happy to do that.

Failing that, there are a lot of people who have experience with the lines, so there's a lot of expertise here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 4, 2021
Screenshot_20210404-104232.png
this the diagram Ive been trying to figure out. The previous owner did an egr delete so I thought instead of doing the stock vac lines I'd do the simplified ones. But I'm struggling with the line from the tandem pump to the brake servo and I'm also unsure about what it means by vac connection. Thanks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
View attachment 23314 this the diagram Ive been trying to figure out. The previous owner did an egr delete so I thought instead of doing the stock vac lines I'd do the simplified ones. But I'm struggling with the line from the tandem pump to the brake servo and I'm also unsure about what it means by vac connection. Thanks

This is the full version of that diagram, and it's annotated, which might help.

3922653a573c3ed41ab818d1231eeddb.jpg

I've just been out to the car, and it *looks like* (but I can't be certain) the brake servo pipe goes from the servo, along the bulkhead and then into the back of the tandem pump.

fb380e873ebdbc380402afc46d10e380.jpg

The vac connection I'm pretty sure is a connector on that line just before the servo line connects to the tandem pump. I've circled it here:

990944f91e2a501c38bbd15c4b2ba24f.jpg

The smaller vac line you can see going off to the right is the line that I'm pretty sure connects to the N75. The diagram makes you think it would probably be closer to the brake servo, but I think it's actually just behind the tandem pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 4, 2021
Just had a look at mine and checked the line you talked about and the servo is connected to the tandem pump . I've now just got to connect the turbo to the n75 and tandem pump so it's got vacuum.
Thanks for the help will update the thread when it's done

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Just had a look at mine and checked the line you talked about and the servo is connected to the tandem pump . I've now just got to connect the turbo to the n75 and tandem pump so it's got vacuum.
Thanks for the help will update the thread when it's done
I was just looking at the diagram again, and it looks like the vacuum connector (10) isn't directly connected to the brake servo or tandem pump, which probably led to a lot of the confusion. I hate the vac system - it looks like one of those puzzles you used to get in children's books.

I changed the turbo actuator hose about a year or so ago and it had to plug it in from under the car, but to be honest the hardest part for me has always been tracing the lines to where they need to be plugged into the vacuum units - nine times out of ten, that hose was never plugged in where I expected it to be.

EDIT: Scrub that - the diagram even says it's from the tandem pump to the brake servo. No wonder I'm confused.

Apr 4, 2021
that's the problem im having at the minute. there's no hoses plugged into the n75 so im just trying to figure out where they need to be ran and what they need to be connect too i had to order a non return valve but looked for the vac connection to see if it was something i would need to order as well. theres one line that is connected to tandem pump which is connected to the brake servo as well and the same line splits off on to the turbo from what i can see ill get a picture soon.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise