Vacuum issue on recirc valve 1.8T

Jixzle

Dec 1, 2020
Kent
So I have an AUQ 1.8T and when I got it I didn’t know due to the sound dampening from the air box but when I changed to an induction kit I noticed that it was fluttering. I have found out the issue is there is no vacuum for the recirc valve which is OEM. I haven’t noticed a significant lack of power but I haven’t been able to figure out what has caused the vacuum line to not work. I have taken it to a couple garages and they don’t know either so any suggestions are welcome!

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
The AUQ has a solenoid valve (N249) that can open the DV when the ECU commands it. I would check the connections on that. It's located on the bottom of a bracket that is bolted to the inlet manifold. There are 2 valves under there, one is the N249 and one is the N112 which is used to control the SAI emmisions system. That would be the first place to start IMO. Apart from that you will just have to follow the pipework from the DV and check for splits in the pipes.
Have you checked that when you apply a vacuum to the DV that it does actually open? Sometimes the diaphram can tear.