VAG-TACHO in Wolverhampton? (Or close)

Wolvo-Oleg

Mar 4, 2012
Wolves
As above, I'm trying to replace my key fob as cheaply as possible (currently out of work!) and have read about being able to pair it to your car using VAG-COM if you have the SKC code?

I know it doesn't work every time but I'd like to try before emptying my wallet in a Seat garage!

Thanks in advance :)

Olie

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
As above, I'm trying to replace my key fob as cheaply as possible (currently out of work!) and have read about being able to pair it to your car using VAG-COM if you have the SKC code?

I know it doesn't work every time but I'd like to try before emptying my wallet in a Seat garage!

Thanks in advance :)

Olie

Barlow's in wolves are pretty useless anyway mate

Wolvo-Oleg

Mar 4, 2012
Wolves
I've heard mate, it's a shame really because I'm a stones throw away!

I get my final months pay on Friday so I'd really like to sort my key out, but it just sounds such a chore!

Gotta order a Fob, £40
Get a new blade £10
Get it programmed £40, at least?

Such a ball ache, and I don't really have £90! But if the worst comes to the worst and I have to sell the car, it isn't going to make a good advert if I'm down to the spare key.

I'm from the world of old Fords, I could start my last car with a spoon :lol:

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
To be honest, if you fancy a drive to Coventry you can get a full key cut and programmed for roughly the same sort of price. And it'll be guaranteed to work.

Wolvo-Oleg

Mar 4, 2012
Wolves
To be honest, if you fancy a drive to Coventry you can get a full key cut and programmed for roughly the same sort of price. And it'll be guaranteed to work.

Cheers for the reply mate, could you give us any more details? Are you saying I pay £40 for a new key, then head to Cov and they'll do the rest? For how much? Might work out more expensive if you include the petrol :/

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
This is the place;

http://eydenlocksmith.co.uk/auto-locksmith

Don't buy anything, just take your car and your current key to them, they will sell you a full key that is cut and programmed to your car. The cheapest are the bog standard keys, they also do remote transponder keys and full flip keys. I daresay they may be able to just replace your current fob?

Took them about half an hour to cut and programme a brand new key for me. I only wanted a cheap second key, but it was so much easier than messing round with the parts, and it was fully tested and guaranteed.

Thinking about it, I did get it done a couple of years back now so it might at least be worth giving them a call to see what their prices are.

Last edited:

Wolvo-Oleg

Mar 4, 2012
Wolves
This is the place;

http://eydenlocksmith.co.uk/auto-locksmith

Don't buy anything, just take your car and your current key to them, they will sell you a full key that is cut and programmed to your car. The cheapest are the bog standard keys, they also do remote transponder keys and full flip keys. I daresay they may be able to just replace your current fob?

Took them about half an hour to cut and programme a brand new key for me. I only wanted a cheap second key, but it was so much easier than messing round with the parts, and it was fully tested and guaranteed.

Thinking about it, I did get it done a couple of years back now so it might at least be worth giving them a call to see what their prices are.

Cheers, I will do!

My situation is that i lost my flip key fob on a night out, and am now down to my last key, which looks no different to a house key, has no buttons on it at all, I have to use the door, it's a pain!

If I want something out the boot I have to: Open the door by the key, then put the key in the ignition to stop the alarm sounding, then press the boot button. then reverse the above. Getting on my tits now! :lol:

I doubt there would be too much difference between driving to Cov and getting them to do it, and getting Barlows to do the same thing without the drive? I'll look into it though!

Would still like to know if the Vag-Tacho thing is a viable option, if anybody can help? :)

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I'd trust Eyden far more than Barlows. Don't forget Barlows won't be able to do it on site as they'll have to take your details and send away for a new fob. So you'll be waiting at least a month for it to come back. Eyden have everything there, and you'll have it immediately.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.