VAGCOM in Liverpool?

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Hi,

Anyone on here with Vagcom in the Liverpool area that knows how to switch on the locking "beeps", i.e. when locking or unlocking the car ?

Seen Davey at the weekend & he had this activated (says its a 2 min job with Vagcom), and it's a lot better than normal.......

Cheers

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
I'm only down the road in Wrexham mate. could do it for you if you want to meet somewhere halfway? I'm heading north tomorrow sometime so could possibly meet briefly if you like?

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Your always on the move lol - It's a miracle your misses is pregnant ;)

Not in any rush, just would like it doing at some point if anyone lives in Liverpool or is nearby.....

Where are you heading Dave ?

Going to pick up & fit my rear strut brace tomorrow too :D

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Your always on the move lol - It's a miracle your misses is pregnant ;)

Not in any rush, just would like it doing at some point if anyone lives in Liverpool or is nearby.....

Where are you heading Dave ?

Going to pick up & fit my rear strut brace tomorrow too :D

It surprised me that she got preganant too! LOL
Thinking of either going to Blackpool for the day, or maybe southport. just PM'd you mate.

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
lol - it's a setting in Vagcom - I'm sure Dave will tell you which one (takes 2 mins)

1 beep for lock, 2 when opened, don't know why it's not standard ??

Asking Awesome for a price on fitting, had a little play with it last night under the bonnet & I can;t see how it fits on lol - leave it to the pro's.....

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Yeah, its dead easy to do with vagcom.
Open 46 (conveneince module)
open 10 (adaptation)
Scroll through the numbers till you see "alarm horn" lock/unlock
Change the 0 to a 1 and click save (on both lock and unlock)
Job done.

NB
This will only work if your car has an alarm fitted from factory.

bigalot

Dec 30, 2006
Liver Pool
??? doh!

Any of you fancy meeting up to sort it for me, I havent got a clue wot you're taking about!!!

:confused:
Yeah, its dead easy to do with vagcom.
Open 46 (conveneince module)
open 10 (adaptation)
Scroll through the numbers till you see "alarm horn" lock/unlock
Change the 0 to a 1 and click save (on both lock and unlock)
Job done.

NB
This will only work if your car has an alarm fitted from factory.

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
My tolly sounds like a short balst of the horn when this function is turned on, the Beeza Blips.....although it is dead annoying after a while! so turned it off.........

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Mine is a separate beep - not the horn !!

A lot better than standard, and you know your car is locked when you walk away.........

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Mine is a distinct beep, or 'chirp' and definitely not the horn. The only semi-annoying thing is you get two chirps when unlocking and one when locking. No big deal though :)

Cyclone

The only semi-annoying thing is you get two chirps when unlocking and one when locking. No big deal though :)

Doesn't this follow the flashing of the indicators?! Two quick flashes for unlock, once longer flash for lock?

Just the opposite of Clifford IIRC? I suppose it might make people think you've just got out of you car, started walking away, and then unlocked it? :shrug:

splitybus

I have the shareware version of VAG-Com can i do this mode with the free software as i tried it and it appears i cannot do it?

Anyone help please?

david

steve01

Hi I live in wrexham and am looking for some one with VAGcom to help me out I would like the beep for lock/unlock and also the total closure of windows with the key fob. Also any other neat functions i can get turned on. I have a 55reg stylance 1.9 tdi.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.