VCDS Control modules

CupraTOC

Apr 1, 2015
Hi all,

I have an OBDeleven on order and I am led to believe that when in use, the control modules are not labelled like when using VCDS and you are only given the block numbers?

Would it be possible for someone with VCDS to list as many control modules and sub-menus within, along with their respective block or module numbers so I have some idea of what I am looking at ?

Thank you

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
I think you might struggle to find someone to do that unfortunately. It's a fairly time consuming task and it also depends on part numbers of the control modules installed in you particular car. Different specs of car have different combinations of control modules fitted so unless you find someone else who has the exact same spec of car as you (and who also has VCDS) then there is no guarantee that the descriptions provided for each byte/bit will actually be relevant to your car anyway.

If it was that easy then the OBDeleven developers would have provided descriptions out of the box. Even VCDS doesn't have descriptions for some of the bytes/bits. There was talk of OBDeleven having the inclusion of descriptions on their development roadmap but even after a number of years of the device being in on the market, they still haven't done it. Plus, if they ever do then they risk losing some income revenue from their apps because if they make it easy for people to use the long coding and adaptation features then why would people pay for and use the apps. Unless of course they changed their business model and started charging to use the long coding and adaptation features.

I think your best option would be to identify what control modules you actually have in your car first (which you should be able to find out once you have OBDeleven) and then make individual requests for byte/bit descriptions for them on a one-by-one basis as and when you actually need to do anything with them. You are more likely to find willing volunteers to help you if you do it that way IMO.

CupraTOC

Apr 1, 2015
That makes sense I have been educated. Would you be able to respond to my last post in my previous thread regarding this OBDeleven as you have a good knowledge of this?

Thank you again

CupraTOC

Apr 1, 2015
Does anyone know if the 2010 FL Cupra has brake drying function active when wipers are on? If not, can this can be done and how would one go about doing it on VCDS?

Also, do the cars that did not have hill hold assist activated at the factory still have the sensor fitted for it to be working when enabled on VCDS? Again if this is possible, could someone post up the coding for this?

Thank you

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Brake wiping is a standard feature on the FL (possibly pre-FL too but I'm not 100% sure) and is active on all cars.

There are no extra sensors for it. It's active if the speed is above 50 MPH and the front wipers are switched on. It can be deactivated in the coding of the ABS unit.

CupraTOC

Apr 1, 2015
Hi,

Sorry I was asking two separate questions. The pitch sensor I was referring to is for the hill start assist, where the brakes are kept on for hill starts. I was asking if this feature can be activated on all cars.

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Does anyone know if the 2010 FL Cupra has brake drying function active when wipers are on? If not, can this can be done and how would one go about doing it on VCDS?

In VCDS guides for the PQ35 platform cars the "Brake Disc Wiper (BDW)" function always seems to appear under adaptation channel 55. So if you did want to switch it off for any reason (because it is a safety feature so as Rusty said, it should already be switched on by default), then that is where you should find it.

1332-1441194562-b37414d6f6aba88bcf752f2bdb701633.jpg

Also, do the cars that did not have hill hold assist activated at the factory still have the sensor fitted for it to be working when enabled on VCDS? Again if this is possible, could someone post up the coding for this?

Hill Hold Assist (HHA) is done via the ABS controller. You need to confirm what ABS controller you actually have in your car but assuming you have one which is compatible with HHA then there is a VCDS guide for turning it on and off HERE.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Ah yes, sorry. I read your post quickly and hadn't realised you asked two separate things!

Hill hold is standard on vehicles with ESP.

CupraTOC

Apr 1, 2015
Looks like I can't activate beep for locking and unlocking. No module 46 showing and also looks like there is no way to use the apps I wanted to try for MK6 golf as it picks up which car it is connected to and only gives you the apps for that car.

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
OK, that's a shame. It might be worth emailing OBDeleven and asking if they are able to provide any Golf Mk6 apps for the Leon Mk2 that are compatible because both cars do share the same control modules and a lot of the Golf Mk6 VCDS coding does work on the Leon Mk2 so no reason why the Golf Mk6 apps wouldn't also work for the Leon Mk2 if they were made available.

Until they do that (and if they do that) which might unfortunately be never, then it looks like you will be stuck with having to use manual coding and adaptation methods to do what you want.

On the later cars there is no Central Electronics Module (module 46). Functionality from that module was incorporated into the Body Control Module (module 09) instead. Depending on what BCM you have, you will probably need to set Bit 1 and Bit 4 of Byte 5 of the long coding value to enable the alarm horn beep when locking and unlocking the doors...

Byte5.jpg

Just make sure that BEFORE you make any coding changes that you backup the module coding values, or at the very least make a note of the original long coding values so that if you manage to screw something up you can just set the long codes back to their original values again. It amazes me the number of people who don't do this and then come crying when they've completely screwed something up and have no record of the original coding values.

Last edited:

CupraTOC

Apr 1, 2015
Thank you, from that I have activated locking beep and also needle sweep!

I am trying to activate hill hold assist however, when i go to byte 16, I have 7 bits not 2 as shown in the guide and bit 2,4 and 5 are ticked. Any ideas ?

CupraTOC

Apr 1, 2015
You win some, you lose some. Thanks for checking that.

Sorry for all the requests in one day, I just have a couple more things I would appreciate your help with for the time being. I'm like an excited child with this thing! :funk:

A) Is it possible to have the fog lights flash at the same time when you flash your main beams without having the fogs switched on for this ? All I have seen is coding that keeps the fog lights on when you use main beam which already happens on my car

B) I cannot seem to find any coding or adaptation to turn off or adjust the output volume of the soundaktor, can it be done on the Cupra?

C) How would you monitor the live air intake temps pre and post intercooler on VCDS ? Which blocks etc

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
A) Is it possible to have the fog lights flash at the same time when you flash your main beams without having the fogs switched on for this ? All I have seen is coding that keeps the fog lights on when you use main beam which already happens on my car

B) I cannot seem to find any coding or adaptation to turn off or adjust the output volume of the soundaktor, can it be done on the Cupra?

C) How would you monitor the live air intake temps pre and post intercooler on VCDS ? Which blocks etc

A) Not possible as far as I'm aware.

B) This is possible on the MQB platform cars but I've never come across any way of doing it on the PQ35 platform cars. I think your only real option if you don't want the noise is to physically unplug it.

C) What are the hardware and component codes of your engine ECU?

CupraTOC

Apr 1, 2015
Description: 2.0l R4/4V TFSI

Engine hardware : 1P0907115AB

Last edited:

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Description: 2.0l R4/4V TFSI

Engine hardware : 1P0907115AB

You will find the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) in the 4th block under Measuring Block 4.

This is a measurement of the air temperature after the intercooler. There doesn't appear to be any block for measuring the temperature before the intercooler. Are you sure the Cupra actually as another air temp sensor before the IC?

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
A) Not possible as far as I'm aware.

B) This is possible on the MQB platform cars but I've never come across any way of doing it on the PQ35 platform cars. I think your only real option if you don't want the noise is to physically unplug it.

C) What are the hardware and component codes of your engine ECU?

I've been frustratingly searching for the actuator control on my cupra r too with OBD Eleven, can't find it for love nor money! How to know which platform I have (other than the obvious that's it the one above that doesn't allow the actuator control)?
Speedfreak, I got the OBDEleven based on your advice so cheers for that (previous thread). This things great for the faults codes, and no doubt great for all the changes you can do too, but as a novice at the min i'm just getting joy out of reading the gauges at the mo.
The actuator control was my first bit of play I wanted to do, something really simple. No joy there.
My next interest is the MAF readings and fuel trim as I've inherited a K&N kit. What process is it for logging MAF readings correctly so I can compare with stock figures (not meaning to hi-jack thread sorry)?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise