VCDS for Exeo

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Has anyone on here got any info on where to get VCDS and a cable that doesn't cost the earth and actually works on the Exeo. I know I can go on the Ross-Tech website but I don't really want to puy their prices.

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Anything else which does work with the Exeo is stolen mate.

Go genuine and buy once, with lifetime updates. If you want the cheapest genuine in the UK, send me a pm and I'll put you in touch with a seller.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
There is a handheld CANBUS compatible unit that will give you access to codes (about £50 I think), and there is one type of lead that costs about £30 that is also CANBUS compatible. But as Viking says, the VCDS freebie isn't CANBUS at all, so whatever software you get will either be not VCDS, or dodgy.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
He'll have paid for that to get it to work, the freebie that is used with Ebay leads isn't CANBUS compatible.

I have Vag-Com 704.1 and an ebay lead that used to work perfectly on my Leon MK2 but on the Exeo it doesn't work very well. I can do a scan and reset faults but I can't get into module 46 or 9 to do any adaptions or coding. I have downloaded VCDS 11.11 and this lists the 3r Exeo in the auto scan section but 11.11 doesn't recognise my cable.

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
The genuine lead will work. Seriously, that's the way forward, rather than some Chinese badly made copy cable and hacked software which as you've found out is just not enough.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I've got a friend who has also bought the 'VCDS' for about £70 (inc lead), which works very well on my Exeo ;)

Managed to clear several faults codes that I generated when installing my trow-bar wiring :whistle: ;)

Andy, do you have a link for where to get this for £70? I have failed to get anything else to work so I'm willing to bite the bullet and splash up to £100 on something that works.

irvtheswerv

Anything else which does work with the Exeo is stolen mate.

Go genuine and buy once, with lifetime updates. If you want the cheapest genuine in the UK, send me a pm and I'll put you in touch with a seller.

??? Stolen? How so? VAG are required to provide fault codes as part of the block exemption legislation. You can't steal these and the software that presents these in a GUI isn't copyrightable so can't be stolen.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Ok so I now have VCDS that actually works on my Exeo. I got it from VAG diagnostics ltd and it all works fine. clicky

I know it was £80 but I have enabled the 10mph auto lock and also the multi unlock as well as being able to monitor my DPF soot level so I think it was worth it. much cheaper than £260 from RossTech.

Deleted member 74601

I might try one of those if mine fails. I got one for £20 from China and it's working great at the moment, except I can't access part of one module.

Is there any problems with the Vag Diagnostics cable?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I might try one of those if mine fails. I got one for £20 from China and it's working great at the moment, except I can't access part of one module.

On a MK2 Leon you can get away with an ebay cheapie cable but the Exeo runs on CAN_BUS so needs an up to date cable and a much later version of VCDS.

Yes it works fine, the first rip of version that does work on the Exeo.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE

On a MK2 Leon you can get away with an ebay cheapie cable (I have an unwanted one here for sale) but the Exeo runs on CAN_BUS so needs an up to date cable and a much later version of VCDS.

Yes it works fine, the first rip of version that does work on the Exeo.

mcdonald

Bought VCDS 10.6 with a cable this afternoon for GBP 30,-. The guy I bought it from demonstrated the functionality of the cable and software with the Exeo. Will have a look myself tomorrow and log some data.
Want to modify the setting for the DRL (channel 006) and to activate the auto locking feature.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Bought VCDS 10.6 with a cable this afternoon for GBP 30,-. The guy I bought it from demonstrated the functionality of the cable and software with the Exeo. Will have a look myself tomorrow and log some data.
Want to modify the setting for the DRL (channel 006) and to activate the auto locking feature.

Modify the setting for the DRL? Tell me more.

mcdonald

If you go to Central Electronics -> Adaptation there is an option for dimming the DRL:

Channel 006: Daytime Running Lights Dimming (High Beam)

Affective with Bi-Xenon only.
Standard: 70 %
Range: 51...100 %

Found mine was set to 90% but increasing it to 100% had no effect. Think this is caused by the LEDs I installed.

See here: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Seat_Exeo_(3R)_Central_Electronics

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I notice in your link there was "2.15 Channel 016: Fog Light Cold Diagnosis
". This would be handy for fitting LEDs in them. I wonder if there are any other cold diagnostics for DRL's, sidelights and number plate lights? It would negate the need for resistors.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.