VCDS near Birmingham or Worcester

Jord

Apr 29, 2012
Anyone near Birmingham or Worcester that has a genuine vcds compatable with the mk3, fancy earning a few notes?

I'm just after a few bits to be activated on my leon.

Let me know if you can help me out :).

Chees

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Oh, Looks like I will be nippink to VW midland, I have always wanted a few things added on VCDS.

Can you have any warrenty problems messing with VCDS?

Evilnim

Oct 20, 2014
@Suicida1 zombie, how did you get on at Midlands vw? Just got my 13 plate seat leon se with tech pack a few weeks ago and am keen to try to enable rear DRLs and reverse dipping side mirror. Based in B'ham so Cannock isn't a massive trip for me.

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
@Suicida1 zombie, how did you get on at Midlands vw? Just got my 13 plate seat leon se with tech pack a few weeks ago and am keen to try to enable rear DRLs and reverse dipping side mirror. Based in B'ham so Cannock isn't a massive trip for me.

till not been yet dude, gonna get it serviced in the next week or so then get the VCDS changes done :)

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Been in touch with Midland VW today and got a quote (Very friendly and quick to respond to e-mails) - £25 charge for ;

Alarm Chirps – Lock and Unlock, Enable Blower Status in Auto Mode, Needle Sweep, Turn On Rear Lights as DRL’s, Front DRL’s on 100% when headlights on, Mirrors Fold with one press of key fob.

I am booked in for a service at the local stealer on Wednesday so once that is done I will pop down and get the coding done either this week or next. I'll let you know how I get on.

Evilnim

Oct 20, 2014
Nice one - cheers.

I'm actually getting a front and rear parking sensor retrofit in a couple of weekends time (call it an expensive 'wife insurance' move), and the chap doing it has VCDS so will try to enable rear DRLs for me. Still don't know if anyone with an SE has got the passenger mirror kerbside dip to work yet, so might give that one a miss.

If he can't do it then I'll look at Midland VW too I guess.

Evilnim

Oct 20, 2014
Mate - did you get the coding done? The guy who came to fit the sensors didn't want to touch rear DRLs with a barge pole - bad experience I think beforehand. Looks like Midland VW might be the key...

Evilnim

Oct 20, 2014
Got rear DRLs enabled and passenger mirror reverse tilt enabled today at Midland VW. Well impressed with them, fast, efficient and polite. Recommended for those needing VCDS tweaks around the west mids.

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Got all this (Alarm Chirps – Lock and Unlock, Enable Blower Status in Auto Mode, Needle Sweep, Turn On Rear Lights as DRL’s, Mirrors Fold with one press of key fob) done at Midland VW yesterday by a very helpful guy called Chris.

The only thing we didn't manage to get done was Front DRL’s on 100% when headlights on but he was good enough to say that if I can get hold of the guide/code needed for it he would sort it for me at no extra charge. They charged £25 for the lot. Would recommend them to anyone in West mids, very knowledgeable and they don't muck about.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise