VCDS or OBD11

NicoleFRSport

Jul 15, 2021
Hi, I've just bought a new Ibiza FR Sport and would like to add a rear view camera to it. I did have a VCDS cable which I've used on other cars but it won't work on the Ibiza. I've seen OBD11 Pro for over half the price of a new VCDS cable. Can I use OBD11 to add a cam and does anyone know how many credits you would need?

Is ODB11 a better option than the VCDS cable?

Thanks,

Nicole.

pompeydave

Nov 30, 2017
Slightly off topic Nicole but what’s your verdict on the FR sport , I’m off to the dealer next week to try and sort out a deal on the FR / FR sport , is always nice to hear personal views on the cars rather than the magazine ones.

NicoleFRSport

Jul 15, 2021
Hi, the car is great. I was worried the little engine would be too small but the 110 version feels quite punchy. The tech is nice and build quality seems good so far.

NervousPanda

Jul 22, 2019
Adding a CAM is done through coding if i recall correctly so you shouldnt need any credits for that :)
In order to prevent a Black screen you'll also have to Unlock parking assist

Reactions: NicoleFRSport

NicoleFRSport

Jul 15, 2021
I decided to get the OBD11, Ordered Thursday night and it arrived Saturday which I was surprised about as it said it would take five days. I have to say its just as good, if not better than my old VCDS cable. It looks much better value for money.

Reactions: NervousPanda
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise