Venom/TheTurboClinic

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
I thought I would put up a post about my experience with Venom/TheTurboClinic - Admins please delete if not acceptable

I placed an order on Sept 15th for a KO4-023S hybrid turbo (basically a KO4-064 in a 0023S frame as I understand), no issues the order was acknowledged and on the 18th received an invoice (all paid on credit card).
Also on the 18th I was informed that the housings were on back order until the following Wednesday , I heard nothing and chased again on the 29th to be told the housings would be with them on Friday.
Again I heard nothing so on the 9th October I cancelled the order , I received an almost instant refund and an email explaining that delays have been caused by the company they use to weld up the housings (they cannot do aluminium welding in house).
So I thought well if they are this honest and are prepared to send me an explanation I would stick with them - was subsequently given a potential date of the week of the 21st October.
Then on Saturday 11th of October I received an email whereby I was told that their cnc machine had failed and they were hopefully getting an engineer out on Monday.
It is now Friday and I have had no updates and nor have I chased them.

What would you do ? - On one hand they have openly responded to my requesting updates and have been pleasant and given a good update but dont provide an update unless chased. They have refunded my credit card so I am not a customer so have no real expectations of any updates other than I have expressed I would still like to be a customer.
or
Do I now just find somebody else ?
or
Wait for Venom to get their issue's sorted ?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I've done a fair few projects over lockdown and had pretty much the same as above with a fair few companies. I think for me, I hate the "it'll be next week". If they just told me straight "your looking at late Nov prob". I'd make an informed decision and either cancel or not contact them again till the date was up. Not entirely related... but I've recently had "the saw is broken". I mean, if your business depended on a single saw, wouldn't you just send someone out to get one immediately to keep orders going? Or at least keep a knackered old one in the back for emergencies. Same with the welding... is there only one company in their neck of the woods that knows how to weld? Sounds like just passing the excuse on.

So yeah, bit of a rant, but the whole Covid excuse is driving me nuts at the moment. I think the question is, can you get the K04 hybrid from anyone else any quicker? If yes, (and they are reputable) I'd be hitting buy now. If you can't. Then I guess it's wait and hope they get their act together.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.