Vibration at 75/80mph+

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
As above the guys at the garage noticed the bush came out of the place and tore. I ordered some Powerflex bushes from DPM performance, got them in, and now no more vibrations at high speeds!

Here's what it looked like:

Torn%20bush.png

nath86

Mar 23, 2013
Newquay, cornwall
I've got this same problem, when my garage was doing my clutch they noticed one of my wishbone bushes had 'fallen in' on itself on one side, whilst the other was fine. I'm going to get them changed over the next few weeks and will let you know if it fixes it for me.
Do you still have this picture.. as after all this time i still havnt got this sorted. Also did you fit the bushes yourself and is it easy to do?

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
I have similar, turns out one of my wheels is a bit wonky. Getting it straightened tomorrow, R-TECH spotted it on the Dyno.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

hertssjc

Jun 18, 2012
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
From my experience it could be that your dual mass flywheel could be on it's way out as this is one of the first signs. The rubber sandwich between the two flywheels starts to break down and becomes unbalanced, causing the vibration. Unfortunately if this is the case the bits that have come off the flywheel can contaminate the clutch. Had one done on a previous 59 plate 2.0 tdi and it cost £830 from my independent garage.

t0m_t0m

Aug 9, 2020
Hull
i see you have a Cupra but i had a similar issue last year on my FR. I know you have different brakes but my NSF caliper had seized a bit, this caused the disc to heat up from motorway type driving, to and from work everyday, and actually warp. Not like when people think their discs are warped due to brake pad material build up, the disc had a noticeable "wobble".

When at *cough* 70 *cough* the entire car would vibrate. My theory was the disc would spin, make contact with the seized pad, nudge it, slow the disc ever so slightly, at high speed this was physically noticeable by the vibration. At slow (parking) speed i noticed the car wouldn't free roll as easily as it should, but you had to really think about it to notice it. Threw on a new caliper and discs and it was sorted.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members