Vibration

Manesh gurung

Jan 16, 2020
Hi
got 1.8 tsi fr dsg
recently the car started having some weird vibration
basically when i start the car there is like vibration that comes and is less after valve opens?
there still slight random vibration after engine is warm
when moving off sometimes it feels like the wheel is looking for grip kinda vibration.
higher speeds are fine.
is this normal?
any idea what is going on?
should i be worried?
time for trip to garage? :(
Cheers

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
its 2013 model.
whats engine mount?
is it possible for diy?
or garage job?
Its what holds the engine in place and it is connected to the car so when the rubber starts to wear, you will start feeling vibrations in the car. Definitely a garage job unless you have an engine hoist.

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Manesh gurung

Manesh gurung

Jan 16, 2020
oh ok i will ask garage to check.

oh um idk if its valve or not, you know when you start your engine and it runs around 1100 rpm for sometime and it goes down to normal 700-800 rpm. exhaust valve? not sure.
when its around 700-800 its significantly less but when it starts around 1000-1100 rpm it is noticeable.

Manesh gurung

Jan 16, 2020
Its what holds the engine in place and it is connected to the car so when the rubber starts to wear, you will start feeling vibrations in the car. Definitely a garage job unless you have an engine hoist.

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk
Im guessing that shown in the image is one of the engine mount?
how many more is there? any idea?

Attachments

• IMG_20200602_101002-min.jpg
    IMG_20200602_101002-min.jpg
    905 KB · Views: 102

Ogi

Jul 13, 2018
Serbia
Hello,

Suddenly i started to feel slight vibrations from beneath the car, precisely beneath the driver seat and legs. Like someone is shaking it but very slightly. No problem in any other way, the gear stick, wheel, everything is still. The car was incredibly quiet always, while idle it was like turned off, thats why i feel this.

What could it be ?

Leon 2017. 1.2TSI 110HP.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.