Violent Judder Issue

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
When I floor it off the line the car judders extremely violent. Like jaw shattering violent. When I turn traction control off it still does it but not as bad, is this normal?

Basically, in a situation where if I'm at a give way and I see a gap I could make with full power and I go for it, 100% throttle, clutch dropped. I get *JUDDER* :censored: *JUDDER* :bounce: *JUDDER* :bounce: *JUDDER* :scary: *JUDDER* :bounce: *JUDDER* :scary: *JUDDER* *JUDDER* :drive2:

Does everyone elses do this or should I start the pain in the ass process of going to Seat?

BF95

Oct 15, 2013
Coventry
Kinda like a bunny hoping bang bang type thing is the wheels attempting to spin but there to much grip so they hop which causes a god awful bang and if you try to power through it that makes it worse

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

VeeFource

Dec 5, 2014
Or your clutch may be on it's way out. Or if it's a diesel it could be the dual mass flywheel killing itself.

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
Kinda like a bunny hoping bang bang type thing is the wheels attempting to spin but there to much grip so they hop which causes a god awful bang and if you try to power through it that makes it worse

That's the one. I'm just hoping it's fault that can be fixed under warrenty/recall! I'm guessing you have the issue as well.

Kibby

Jul 12, 2013
Belfast
it isnt an issue with the car its the tires thats the problem mine does the exact same thing and does my bloody head in but i think im just going to replace to rubber on her and see how it goes

BF95

Oct 15, 2013
Coventry
Well it's nothing warrentable it's drivers error, I found that when I had continental tyres it did a lot, but I've turned to falken and it doesn't happen as often, It doesn't help with say a new Road surface can cause it to happen, you'll find in the wet it won't happen because the wheels can spin on top of the water and not jump but there's not a lot you can do except from not put 100% throttle down to get off or in a quick action turn the wheel and the wheels have more change of sliding/ wheel spinning, I'm soon to be going on lowering springs so I'm wondering if there's less change of this with harder Springs

Munchkin

Munchkin
Jan 8, 2012
Making a fast getaway is a balance between power and available grip. This depends on 3 things; mechanical grip (tyres); power ( throttle); power transmission ( clutch).
In practice full power and using the clutch works out quite expensive. Relying on tyre grip as you've found is hard on the whole transmission, driveshafts etc.
This leaves good old power. The optimum is just under the level that activates TC. In short the answer is in your right foot !

Sent from my X17 using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise