Voice commands from Waze or Google Maps

emesee

Aug 6, 2015
Hi
Hoping for some help with using either Waze or Google Maps and getting voice commands through the speakers.

I have a pre-FL my2016 FR with navigation etc.

I use an iPhone 7 and have no problems connecting phone by Bluetooth to stream music or make phone calls.

My problem is when using the apps above whereby even though I have set to use Bluetooth it rarely works. I have had sporadic success but when it doesn’t work I can’t figure out if I have done something wrong.

Yesterday I noticed Waze, which had previously connected fine, wouldn’t connect and the car wasn’t listed in options for speaker output.
Is there something with protocols in car settings that needs attention? The phone was connected to Bluetooth at the time.

I gave up trying with google maps a while back.

It’s probably something simple and I hope someone here has had same problem and the solution!

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Just to say :-
I had massive issues in both my cars. All my MOTO G7 and G8 phones random disconnects etc etc or refuse to connect Android Auto.

Using new state of the art right angle USB A and C connectors. [Bought oer 6 different colors and lengths and even a curly expanding one]

Reverted to OE lead [yes dug it out from somewhere]

Perfect

Reactions: emesee

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
I had this problem with waze as I used to set my destination when in the house or where ever I was then get I the car and connect phone to the radio viva Bluetooth and away I would go but there was no voice commands over the radio unless I but the radio in bt phone
But now I connect the phone to the radio in the car then set my destination and I get voice commands over the radio and when I streaming music from my phone to radio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
You were basically doing correct:-
EE techies told me Waze and Sat nav uses 5mb of data an hour. However if you start re routing en route or settin thedestinations in the car afeter as you [and I did] it uses a shed load of more data.

Thanks as it is something else to try next time.

No worries now but I used up half mine in a week on my new Moto G8 power. So they gave me 6 gb more for a £1.

emesee

Aug 6, 2015
I had this problem with waze as I used to set my destination when in the house or where ever I was then get I the car and connect phone to the radio viva Bluetooth and away I would go but there was no voice commands over the radio unless I but the radio in bt phone
But now I connect the phone to the radio in the car then set my destination and I get voice commands over the radio and when I streaming music from my phone to radio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks I will also give this a try. I did wonder if you need to be streaming to get the voice commands?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise