Volume turns itself up! 2014 1.4 FR Leon

Supersun

Feb 10, 2016
Hi all,

Desperately looking for some advice or resolutions please from anybody who’s had similar experiences.

The volume is turning itself up randomly without me touching the controls- this is both on the radio and when I’m on the phone connected via Bluetooth. Additionally, the volume control wheel on the left of my steering wheel has coincidently stopped worked altogether.

I’m aware the cold weather makes the infotainment system go crazy. I’ve already had a full system replacement under warranty but thats obviously no longer an option. I’ve also done a ‘soft reset’ by holding down the radio power button.

Any suggestions please? Or anywhere who may be able to diagnose apart from taking into the mean dealer? Not the most confident in being a home mechanic if I’m being honest!

Thank you in advance

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I would say the thumb wheel is broken, change thumb wheel and should be okay.

however i would agree cold weather sends the infotainment haywire

moriarty

Apr 6, 2015
Edinburgh
May not be the issue but have you checked the radio settings, I don't know about the phone but there is a radio setting that increases volume depending on amount of background noise at higher speeds. Not sure if it turns itself back down again as it's so annoying I switched it off.

Supersun

Feb 10, 2016
Thanks for the reply guys. Seems to have fixed itself and the wheel is working again... yet another weather related issue for the Seat infotainment system unfortunately!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise