VW/Audi flip key

sicasey

FR Derv Power
Jul 24, 2005
Cheshire
Hey up - i want a flip key like the Cupra R. I've been looking on ebay and there are a few excellent condition audi/vw flip keys and new blades for sale. If i buy one and get a new blade will the vw/audi flip key work with the Seat as longs as it is reprogrammed etc by the Seat garage? :funk:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
how much money do u have? As far as i know these keys need to be programmed and need a new blade, both of which cost top-dollar from ur dealer.
Prices in the region of £140 have been muttered to me before now.... :S
i could be wrong tho.. things may have changed.

sicasey

FR Derv Power
Jul 24, 2005
Cheshire
I can get a good condition flip key for £10 and a new blade for £7 does anyone know how much the key cutting and reprogramming costs and if the audi/vw flip keys will work?

Ju.

Oct 4, 2004
Bradford
I bought one of ebay about 6 mnths ago cost about £40, got a new blade cut for £20

Waited 6 mnths till my service so I didn't get stung for an hours labour and guess what...............it's the wrong bloody one!!!!, won't code in. Apparently theres a few different types ,frequency etc.( It was advertised as a key for a Cupra R! ) and they still wanted an hours labour to program it!!!!
So I would tread carefully , I have heard stories though on here of people getting it done for a decent price but my dealer won't budge from £169 :censored:

Julian

Shrek

Sep 20, 2004
Wokingham
On my key it says it on the side of the plipper bit - mine says it's made by Hella and 433 MHz no idea if this is the bit that you need to know for the flip key though.

VRStu

Briskodian
Mar 22, 2005
Hampshire
www.fabia-vrs.com
There is a guy on ebay that will cut the blades from a digital photo for £12 inc blade. My dad just bought one and it arrived in under 24 hours from time of order.

It's probably not much consolation to you but I know the Fabia's can be reprogrammed using VAG-COM and a code from the dealer. Your SEAT may be the same.

May 30, 2002
Bedford (innit)
Shrek said:
On my key it says it on the side of the plipper bit - mine says it's made by Hella and 433 MHz no idea if this is the bit that you need to know for the flip key though.

If it's 433 Mhz you can't have a flip key, only if they are 433.someit Mhz.

You can re-code a new remote to a car as I just did it the other week, cost was nothing to me, but I know someone at a Skoda garage! ;)

slimbarry

Hands off!
Oct 29, 2004
Norf Essex
sicasey said:
The key i'm looking at buying works @ 434 Mhz and my key says 433 will i still be able to use it?

!! dont't believe it. I bought one, and its 434 not 433.... [:@] Despite them saying it was 433...

Last edited:

Ju.

Oct 4, 2004
Bradford
Tried to send pm? :shrug:

How much are we talking?

I've got a 433.92 (i think it is, that won't work with mine), mine is 434. Would that work with yours?

Julian

mmfb

Feb 12, 2003
Berkshire
Visit site
Mm..my flip key is all scratched so I asked about a replacement, when I was told the price, it was just too much.

Could be worse, the master key for my Alfa GTv was over £1000. Yes, that is a thousand. Luckily I didnt need one replacing. I think they are either £1400 or £2000 cant remember, but its ridiculous whatever it is.

I cant see the need for this other than, the stealers thinking "ahaaa we got you now, open up and say...ahhhhhhh"

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.