Warning lights on after accident repair

robint

Apr 12, 2006
UK, Essex
Reversed the Altea into a lampost that jumped out into my path - didn't even see it after I hit it!! :censored: Reversing sensors now bought....

Anyway insurance repair needed - rear bumper, rear side panel (not sure if whole side done) etc etc, something around £1500 probably according to repai guys. No claims protected so not too many issues.

However repairer rang to say he had to book it into SEATdealer to get rid of all the dashboard lights - cannot be one till Tuesday.....:( - is it a common problem to have lots of lights on after presumably battery disconnection and is anything else electronically likely to have been buggered up when they were welding etc?

Any one else experienced a similar issue??

aceman

May 6, 2002
West Yorkshire
Visit site
Not sure about the warning lights but my brother once did a similar thing but actually hit the lampost that hard he sent it crashing to the floor this was outside the parents house as well. He gave the same excuse as you did and professed to never seeing it.!!

So you are not alone.

Tell

Staff member
I hit a concrete bollard once which was leaning over towards the road, whilst backing up a hill on a bend, to let someone through and that was in my shinny ZX at the time. Hence why I got parking sensors on the Altea, they are worth it.

robint

Apr 12, 2006
UK, Essex
Now just over 3 weeks without car and seems as if it needs new ABS sensors fitting - why would they be needed after a rear three quarter repair??? Wonder where the welding torch went??

Unimpressed with repairer so far......

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise