Waste Gate Chatter I Think

Priz91

Realist
Jun 24, 2013
Loughborough
Hi guys, wondering if anybody can help or point me in a direction.

Have an LCR running stage 1 revo and recently changed the DV spring from standard green to yellow. Since then, sometimes theres a lot of chatter through the dump of the dump valve.

Quite like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-ZIDYjcTZo

Anyone know any info on how to resolve this? I've been told its not supposed to do that

Cheers

Uzzy-

Sep 6, 2013
Huddersfield
Mine used to do that. Was on the standard DV then changed it to a 007p and stopped doing it. Then a day or 2 later it started doing it again. But I read somewhere if it does that then there's a boost leak somewhere. Unless I misunderstood. Been looking for that link everywhere to read again but can't find it again!

bigluke

Diesel boy
Nov 29, 2013
the chatter is the air thats been stopped by the butterfly closing and trying to stop the turbo turning it's not good for your turbo the idear of the "dump" valve is it release the pressure and stop the turbo stalling witch is the chatter no matter how nice you think it sounds it not good for the turbo means not enough air is able to escape in this case it's cos your new spring is to strong for the amount of boost you are running p.s. i dont run any valve on my supra love the sound :)

Uzzy-

Sep 6, 2013
Huddersfield
the chatter is the air thats been stopped by the butterfly closing and trying to stop the turbo turning it's not good for your turbo the idear of the "dump" valve is it release the pressure and stop the turbo stalling witch is the chatter no matter how nice you think it sounds it not good for the turbo means not enough air is able to escape in this case it's cos your new spring is to strong for the amount of boost you are running p.s. i dont run any valve on my supra love the sound :)

That's what I was talking about when I read something like that. It does sound good but I was glad it stopped after I had read about it not being a good thing.

Priz91

Realist
Jun 24, 2013
Loughborough
It sounds crazy! So nice i was loving it purposely driving that way to hear it haha..

Big Luke you run the DV without a spring =| is that possible to do? ..

My LCR is at Revo Stage 1 supposedly when i bought the car, i do need to get it dyno'd tbh but the spring i put in is supposed to be the one i need to run if i have a remap.

Very confusing stuff.. Whats the verdict? What do i do =(

bigluke

Diesel boy
Nov 29, 2013
It sounds crazy! So nice i was loving it purposely driving that way to hear it haha..

Big Luke you run the DV without a spring =| is that possible to do? ..

My LCR is at Revo Stage 1 supposedly when i bought the car, i do need to get it dyno'd tbh but the spring i put in is supposed to be the one i need to run if i have a remap.

Very confusing stuff.. Whats the verdict? What do i do =(

Have you got silicon pipe going to the dv if not change to some

Sprogpole

Jul 20, 2012
Leicester
I had this when the small vacuum hose popped off the valve.
If it’s making the “cool noise” and it’s all connected, that would suggest a vacuum leak