Watch out for leaks in the footwell

Walpurgis

Feb 5, 2013
A German car magazine has reported that up to 300,000 VAG cars, including the new Golf, Leon and A3 could be affected by water leaks in the passenger footwell as a result of wrongly installed air-conditioning drainage tubes. Volkswagen has admitted that 46 Golfs have needed repairs, but a spokesman said he wasn't aware of any Seat or Audi cars being affected.

The report warns of mould, condensation and possible electrical damage. It's not clear whether the driver's footwell would be affected if the fault occurred in right-hand drive cars.

There is an English language report from Reuters and you can find the original German report here. (Google does a decent translation if you need it.)

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
As mine is a diesel and a lease I often drive through puddles the size of ponds and havent noticed a drop inside the car....

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Oh, I thought it meant the tubes created a leak, not that the AC run off had been plumbed in to fill the foot well.

Well if that's the case I have used the climate control non-stop for 6500 miles and again noticed no leaks :-D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise