Water in the footwell

Adrian Wilkinson

Aug 27, 2018
Hi Guys with all the rain lately my car is turning into a paddling pool. Can anyone tell what the oval shaped pipe that sits under passenger chair does?. I have got about a cm of water in the rear foot well from last nights rainfall. I need to check all the seals around the front firewall yet.

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
My guess is also part of the ventilation system.

The first thing to check are the door seals and the drain holes (they're hidden in the outside seal along the bottom of the door). Plenty of information on here about fixing them.

Check the front footwells, if they're dry then it's likely a rear door(s).

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
If checking the front check beside and behind the pollen filter housing.
It builds up with so much crud from dead leaves etc blocks the drains into front arches and ends up coming in to the car.
Also check opposite side of car as same happens that side.
a8a21ab2b6da5b901f322cfaf42f86e0.jpg
9fd5fdd24b62c1d9a8c1c4d9d4417aeb.jpg

I took handfuls of this stuff out.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
As already said, if your front footwells are dry then it will be the door seals. You can do an easy check by looking at the door opening trim and seeing if that is wet, or feeling the area of the door under the door card for moisture. With an open door pour a decent amount of water (hose) on the window and check.

The fluid line to the rear washer also runs along the nearside lower trim, rare but possible that has cracked. 99% it will be the door seal gone. Good time to clear out and clean the door drain holes and clean the rubber, use some rubber conditioner to help it last better.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.