Water ingress in boot

JamieD

Jan 1, 2018
Well the saga continues with water getting into the spare wheel area of the boot. Had a phone call from the dealer to say that they can’t get any water to come into the car with just a regular hose but can with a pressure water which is not the case as when it rains water still gets in to the boot and they have found water is getting in around the fuel filler. They will have an update for me tomorrow regarding how they will be sorting this problem. Has anyone heard of water getting in from around the fuel filler before?

inbetweener

Jan 19, 2016
Only ever had water get into boot via a poorly sealed roof to tailgate hinge area on a mk3 leon. If you run finger along roof front to rear you will feel a channel at each side. Where it dips into tailgate area is sealed with body sealant. I've seen pin holes in this before. Water runs down C pillar and gathers in boot well.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Philh46

Dec 24, 2017
Sheffield
I have same issue. When I picked new car up it had been jet washed by dealer. Water in spare wheel. Not what me or the sales man had planned for new car collection.

Not been able to reproduce yet but will check in a coupe off weeks.

Let us know when you get an update.
Thanks.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members