Water leak!!

joeg40

Sep 5, 2006
maidstone, kent
Here is another one for you guys, im new to the seat scene as you can prob tell, anyways, my problem is a damp passenger footwell. i have taken up the carpets and have watched the water trickle out from under a sheet of metal that joins to another piece. This is by the door and leads up behind the dash. im not sure if anyone else has had this prob but its annoying me as i have to keep the carpet up.lol. any feedback would be great.

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
My mate has a similar issue, but passenger side, suspected he has cleared the issue. Possible that there was a slight leak / gap on the seal on the bottom of the windscreen. (Just above the scuttle panel)

He has sealed a small gap with some insulation tape, and it seems that this may have cleared the issue.
Try giving that a go mate.

joeg40

Sep 5, 2006
maidstone, kent
thanks guys, i have checked the pollen filter before and that is fine. As for gap in seal above scuttle panel, is this the rubber seal that presses on the windscreen as on the passenger side it isn't touching therefore not creating a seal, i wasnt sure if the water could lead anywhere!!

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Yes mate, its possible that that was the cause of a driver side leak on my mates cupra. He used insulating tape as a test, and it appears that this has stopped the issue.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.