Weekend fun

henry1

Nov 1, 2014
B5A3556B-9D9D-4727-ADE3-3B375D3B5B0E.jpeg
So still waiting for my Leon e-hybrid since October 21.
JCB Ashford have given me this for the weekend to have a play with. I hadn’t driven a Formentor before and am impressed. Nice of the dealer to let me have a few days with It. I’ve been told my Leon should be here by March so fingers crossed. Merry Christmas All

Attachments

• 186E5E3E-0CDC-4EB3-B777-1E1C3F12D5ED.jpeg
    186E5E3E-0CDC-4EB3-B777-1E1C3F12D5ED.jpeg
    377.1 KB · Views: 97

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Looks good. What’s it like size wise inside, similar to a Leon? Good for families?

henry1

Nov 1, 2014
It’s bigger than the Leon. The bonnet has a really long curve to it, you can’t see the front which is a bit odd. I prefer the ride height of my Leon than this. It wheel spins a LOT. I know it’s cold at the moment and the tyres are a bit cheap but it really scrabbles for grip. I’m currently in an fr 150tdi and find it a better drive. The Leon handles better. The DSG and hybrid system is just awesome. I’m in love with the gearbox! First auto I’ve driven for years. It’s been disappointing on the electric range but being -3 outside it is the worst conditions for the battery. Hopefully when mine turns up it will be warmer for range.

Reactions: H Rafiq

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
It’s bigger than the Leon. The bonnet has a really long curve to it, you can’t see the front which is a bit odd. I prefer the ride height of my Leon than this. It wheel spins a LOT. I know it’s cold at the moment and the tyres are a bit cheap but it really scrabbles for grip. I’m currently in an fr 150tdi and find it a better drive. The Leon handles better. The DSG and hybrid system is just awesome. I’m in love with the gearbox! First auto I’ve driven for years. It’s been disappointing on the electric range but being -3 outside it is the worst conditions for the battery. Hopefully when mine turns up it will be warmer for range.
My gf asked me today why do I always floor it at the green light because she always hears wheelspin. Well yes, it's a Leon hybrid and it wheelspins a lot and I have premium winter tyres right now. The car just can't handle the instant power that it receives from the battery.

Reactions: Davehaslanded

Davehaslanded

Jan 25, 2017
England
My gf asked me today why do I always floor it at the green light because she always hears wheelspin. Well yes, it's a Leon hybrid and it wheelspins a lot and I have premium winter tyres right now. The car just can't handle the instant power that it receives from the battery.
I have the same discussion with my partner. I wonder if the added batteries, throw the weight balance to the back wheels, causing a loss of grip, especially when pulling away uphill. I'd love to have the money to play around with suspension. A bit of adjustment could help reduce the amount of squat on acceleration.

Reactions: adrianator

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
I have the same discussion with my partner. I wonder if the added batteries, throw the weight balance to the back wheels, causing a loss of grip, especially when pulling away uphill. I'd love to have the money to play around with suspension. A bit of adjustment could help reduce the amount of squat on acceleration.
You have DCC, right? Sport mode should help because it makes the car stiffer but no, it doesn't. I have better results with normal driving mode thanks to the lazy throttle response. It should be the other way around....

Davehaslanded

Jan 25, 2017
England
You have DCC, right? Sport mode should help because it makes the car stiffer but no, it doesn't. I have better results with normal driving mode thanks to the lazy throttle response. It should be the other way around....
I've always been confused by this. I don't understand how the car can be made 'Stiffer' without the car changing the preload on the suspension. As far as i'm aware, it doesn't do this. My guess is its more tweaks to the ESC than anything, but i'd be happy to be corrected.

Kaxolo

Dec 23, 2021
I remember reading the suspwnsions have a hydraulic part where the density of the fluid is changed by applying different electric currents to it.

Davehaslanded

Jan 25, 2017
England
I remember reading the suspwnsions have a hydraulic part where the density of the fluid is changed by applying different electric currents to it.
Really? That sounds overly complicated and expensive. I've looked at the suspension, and seen nothing other than standard coilovers. The only fluid there, would be the oil in the dampers. But there's nothing to suggest these are special. Even if there was, adjusting the damper fluid would only adjust bump and rebound stiffness, not spring rate.

standard OEM part can be seen here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25575285...RAEyybhe0zsZcWBa98XZuSie2uif3_UxoCfM8QAvD_BwE

Kaxolo

Dec 23, 2021
But that's basically what it does. The only difference I feel is when changing from normal to comfort the car feels more bouncy. Also not all the Leon's have them so not sure if the one in the link would be the same

Last edited:

Davehaslanded

Jan 25, 2017
England
But that's basically what it does. The only difference I feel is when changing from normal to comfort the car feels more bouncy.
Ok so i've just done a bit of googling, and i've found the tech you're referring too. It would appear that tech is generally limited to more premium brands, although I'm not stating you're wrong, as I don't know. But its more likely that Seat use valve actuation, which literally limits the amount the oil can move between chambers. So it is essentially adjustable bump & Rebound.

Either system has no effect on the cars springs. So squat, Dive and roll will be unchanged. This is why the car lurches backwards when pulling away quickly, even in sport mode. What it will do is make suspension feel stiffer over bumps and sudden shocks.

Kaxolo

Dec 23, 2021
I found this, even though in the video is the previous Leon the system is the same DCC:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.