Weitec Hicon GT Coilover Kit - Ibiza 6L

noelbmx1

hi Damian, i am after the, Weitec Hicon GT Coilover Kit - Ibiza 6L 02/02 , i was wondering how much you could do this for, for me including delivery. is there any offers on or anything etc?

regards Noel

:D

noelbmx1

no worries Damian thanks for the quote and service ill be back on when i get them fitted and let you know how they are.

thanks again!

regards Noel :D

FoZz

Sep 23, 2008
Damian, i was wondering what parts come with the V-Maxx Coilover Suspension Kit - Ibiza 6L as well as the Weitec Hicon GT Coilover Kit for the mk4 ibiza 6L? Do they consist of 4 coilovers or are they made up of 2 coilovers for the front and a seperate spring and shock for the rear? Also, are there any discounts for SCN members on either of these products?

FoZz

Sep 23, 2008
Thanks for the quote mate. The Weitecs are shaping up to be the best option for me. Are shorter drop links recommended with the Weitec's? I think these are sometimes recommended for the front ARB?

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Cant go wron with the V-Maxx kit for the price. Got mine off Damian too, also got the shorter drop links ;)

FoZz

Sep 23, 2008
Cant go wron with the V-Maxx kit for the price. Got mine off Damian too, also got the shorter drop links ;)
How are these for ride quality? I am wanting an even drop all round, but a sensible one. Not decked! :)

The standard suspension on the 130 sport is just far too crashy, so i am wanting to improve the ride quality whilst getting a sensible drop for aesthetics, you know?

(P.S. I just got 17" Old Style RS4 wheels fitted which look great!)

FoZz

Sep 23, 2008
V-Maxx kit and drop links ordered from Damian at DPM Performance. Many thanks to him and the excellent customer service provided through email and over the phone.

I will post back with pictures of the kit once fitted and report on the ride quality of this setup.

FoZz

Sep 23, 2008
Good good! Looking forward to getting them fitted now...

How much did you lower front and back? Your Cupra sits well mate.

:rocker:

FoZz

Sep 23, 2008
Excellent! That should provide a good setup. Lowered nicely like i wanted and springs not overly compressed to retain a decent level of ride comfort, although from what i can make out it wouldnt be hard to improve the standard ride on the Ibiza sport's, FR, and Cupra's suspension.

Is the Cupra 20mm lower than the FR as well? If so, that must have been an even worse ride in the PD160 Cupra than my sport!

Such a shame when the rest of the Seat range dont have ride comfort issues... But i love my wee ibiza, so hopefully this will keep me interested in it once i have the kit fitted.

Cupra.PT

Weitec Gt and V-maxx probably the best coils price/quality wise...and ride comfort too..

But its just my newbie feedback :bleh:

Letchworth SEAT - car sales sponsor