Weitec Hicon GT Coilover Kit - Ibiza 6L

FoZz

Sep 23, 2008
V-Maxx kit arrived yesterday... but i am a bit confused. There is 2 coilovers, 2 shocks (one with flaking paint, sort that out V-Maxx!) and there is 4 springs? Anyone know why they have included 4 big springs when there is coilovers for the front? There is also an adjuster tool for the coilovers and two adjuster cups for the rear springs, which ones are the rears i dont know...

There is no list included in the box to say what should be included and to specify why there are 4 springs and if your meant to use all 4? Anyone have this kit help me out?

Cheers!

FoZz

Sep 23, 2008
Yeh, i will take a picture this afternoon when i get home from work about half 3 or so, and post it on here. Its a strange one...

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
You should have 4 large springs and 2 smaller ones (helper springs). If you look closely at the springs the will have a F (for front) or a R (for rear) on them.

Helper springs go on the front first then the larger springs after.

Hope this helps mate.

FoZz

Sep 23, 2008
Hi people, managed to get a picture of the complete kit last night, but alcohol prohibited m from getting online and uploading it. Anyways... here it is:

what you think?

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Hi people, managed to get a picture of the complete kit last night, but alcohol prohibited m from getting online and uploading it. Anyways... here it is:

what you think?
That is the correct kit mate.

Here is my kit:

FoZz

Sep 23, 2008
OK, cheers, so the springs in the middle of the picture that i have posted should go on top of the coilovers and the small springs that i have pictured already on the coilovers are the "helper" springs?

If this is correct, should the helper springs when fitted, be between the two blue coloured adjusters on the coilvers as shown in your picture?

To be completely honest with you i am a bit disappointed with the kit because it doesnt even come with an A4 sheet of paper stating which part goes where, which would have cleared this issue up immediately. Also i am annoyed that i have payed more than a few hundred pounds and the rear shock absorbers' paint is flaking off!!!

Last edited:

Damian @ DPM

DPM Performance
Forum Sponsor
Yeah it's the correct kit, I thought you were meaning you had 6 big springs, 8 springs all together.

The helper springs should sit on the adjusters at the front, then a blue spacer and then the large front spring. The rear springs sit on the blue adjuster cones you have.

Hope this helps.

Damian @ DPM

FoZz

Sep 23, 2008
Thanks a lot guys for the info, very much appreciated. Hope to have the kit on in a couple of weeks. I am on a trip this weekend down to the Republic of Ireland, so I could do with the extra clearance of the standard suspension for that! Their roads arent great, especially the ones i will be on...

I have fully detailed the car, so once i get back and have the kit fitted i will have to clean the car again and get some pics on. Fitted ClimAir wind deflectors today, they look great!

Many thanks again Damian for your great service.

Just one more question for Damoegan, should the two adjusting discs for the front setup be moved together up the coilover? If so, where should they sit if i dont want to drop the car at all (well, no more than what it forces the drop to be, stated as 35mm)? And where would they be adjusted to to have the car on the deck?

Last edited:

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
The top adjusting nut of the two is the one you move to adjust the height (up for a higher ride and down for a lower ride height) and the bottom one you tighten againsed the top to lock it in place.

FoZz

Sep 23, 2008
dead on. and the wee blue seperating disc sits between the helper spring and big top spring?

Christ Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members