Wet footwell

dohdoh

Feb 5, 2014
Not sure if I am posting this in the correct place !
I have a problem with my car, it's a seat Leon fr, 2013. The carpet in the passenger footwell is wet, both the front and the back, I took it to the seat garage, they didn't even look at it but simply said that the cars carpets would need stripping out as the aircon was leaking under the carpets, and it would take 3 days to fix, at a hefty price, can anyone give me some advice please, could it be something else?

Thank you

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Not sure if I am posting this in the correct place !
I have a problem with my car, it's a seat Leon fr, 2013. The carpet in the passenger footwell is wet, both the front and the back, I took it to the seat garage, they didn't even look at it but simply said that the cars carpets would need stripping out as the aircon was leaking under the carpets, and it would take 3 days to fix, at a hefty price, can anyone give me some advice please, could it be something else?

Thank you

Hi mate,

What price have you been quoted for the work, just to clarify and give members some perspective?

It doesn't sound like an air conditioning fault to me. I've never heard of such a thing.

If you are four months out of warranty, obviously the Seat garage can't authorise any warranty work. But you could ring Seat HQ and escalate your case. It's worth a try and they may offer some goodwill, if your car has always been serviced with Seat. It may also help if you have had your air conditioning serviced at the manufacturer recommended intervals.

Last edited:

dohdoh

Feb 5, 2014
Hi they quoted 800 euros, yes it's always been serviced with SEAT, what's miffed me is that they didn't even look at the car, could it be a blocked pipe accessible from the bonnet? I don't know anything about cars really, was just hoping it wasn't going to be such a big expensive job.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Hi mate,

What price have you been quoted for the work, just to clarify and give members some perspective?

It doesn't sound like an air conditioning fault to me. I've never heard of such a thing.

If you are four months out of warranty, obviously the Seat garage can't authorise any warranty work. But you could ring Seat HQ and escalate your case. It's worth a try and they may offer some goodwill, if your car has always been serviced with Seat. It may also help if you have had your air conditioning serviced at the manufacturer recommended intervals.

I think the op may be outside the UK, warranty may be different.
It could be the air con condensate drain blocked or kinked, this can back up and fill footwells with water ( I know, I've had it happen ! [:@] ) I doubt it is accessible from above.
Has any work been carried out on the car in the past few months? Iirc mine was caused when the clutch was replaced and the pipe magically got 'disturbed' and kinked causing it to back up.

dohdoh

Feb 5, 2014
Well, I think I have some good news, after reading your replays I jumped in the car and took it down to a local mechanic and told him the problem, and he said it's a blocked pipe and he can unblock it for 35 euros it will take him 45 minutes approx, I told him what the SEAT garage said, and he said that is not the problem, I also asked him about the warranty and here in Spain apparently the warranty is for the person and not the car, so once you buy the car the original warranty does not continue.
So I have booked the car in Thursday morning and hopefully this mechanic will sort it for me.
Thank you to everyone who posted, if it hadn't of been for your replies I wouldn't have gone to the mechanic down the road and I suppose I would have let SEAT do the work.
Thanks again
Deb

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Well, I think I have some good news, after reading your replays I jumped in the car and took it down to a local mechanic and told him the problem, and he said it's a blocked pipe and he can unblock it for 35 euros it will take him 45 minutes approx, I told him what the SEAT garage said, and he said that is not the problem, I also asked him about the warranty and here in Spain apparently the warranty is for the person and not the car, so once you buy the car the original warranty does not continue.
So I have booked the car in Thursday morning and hopefully this mechanic will sort it for me.
Thank you to everyone who posted, if it hadn't of been for your replies I wouldn't have gone to the mechanic down the road and I suppose I would have let SEAT do the work.
Thanks again
Deb

Glad we could help, whereabouts in Spain are you?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members