What car shampoo to use??

platinum

Ex LCR man
Nov 12, 2003
Surrey
Visit site
I had my Cupra R 'Swissoled' by Wax Wizard (Mark Underwood) and last year my A4 and he originally supplied me with some very good car shampoo. I have run out and it is not so easy to get hold of him now.

Can anyone recommend and alternative. Thinking either Swissol car bath (expensive though), Meguiars, Mothers or P21s. Or anything else that doesn't strip your wax off.

Any advice much appreciated.

Craigc

Dec 9, 2004
Edinburgh
I like Meguiars gold class but I'm sure there are better products that I haven't tried. But the Megs definately doesn't take wax of my car.

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
platinum said:
I had my Cupra R 'Swissoled' by Wax Wizard (Mark Underwood) and last year my A4 and he originally supplied me with some very good car shampoo. I have run out and it is not so easy to get hold of him now.

Can anyone recommend and alternative. Thinking either Swissol car bath (expensive though), Meguiars, Mothers or P21s. Or anything else that doesn't strip your wax off.

Any advice much appreciated.
Hi mate long time no hear..............

The stuff you talk of is active F shampoo just got 10L and some virosol (mc2) and other stuff from olympic cleaning, shampoo is about a £5 for 5L BTW, but the carriage can be a killer, they are based in essex and sent my stufff next day @ £18+vat(carriage) mind you i ordered 20L virosol+ 5L bumper care 5L of car air freshner/ 5L tyre gloss/ 4 spray bottles/5L glass cleaner 10L active F shampoo........ weighed some was in 3 boxes lol :D

Link to site here..............http://www.olympiccleaning.co.uk/homepage.asp

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
NickP said:
Vern, I have just got back from seeing Graham at Olympic...just picked up 40 litres of Virosol for the TT meet I'm going to next week :)
LOL Nick that's who sorted me out my order, all bang on and great value, i dont bother diluting the virosol, as well stocked up lol...ordered 4 x 5L and got a free car sponge too :) Those TT boys love the stuff, went to the TT rolling road day @ well lane with some of the guys

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
They certainly do, I've had a couple of TT's & an S3 and still keep in touch with most of them even though it's over a couple of years since I last had one.

How do you find the Active F shampoo?

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
NickP said:
They certainly do, I've had a couple of TT's & an S3 and still keep in touch with most of them even though it's over a couple of years since I last had one.

How do you find the Active F shampoo?
Love the stuff mate, as said WW got me on to the stuff, PH neutral and does not strip wax, and you only need 1 capful per bucketful anymore and you are simply wasting it........ easy to use even in cold water :) i use it on my works van too, being dark blue , if i use any other shampoo it just streaks and shows white residue, and is a tw@t to leather off, The active F can be left to air dry and leaves not water marks, only thing that comes close is MEGS gold class shampoo, and i have tried a few lol, but active F @ £3.24 +vat for 5L!!!!!! cannot be beaten.

TT guys are sound, loads of the seat guys went to the T T RR day, that Mikey B organised, Nutts turned up and caney to mention a few :)

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
Nick have you tried the wash and wax shampoo?, this is supposed to be tops too, i wax with Swissol anyhow, but this is supposed to be good for those in-between momemts, or winter when waxing is a pain!!! ALL the clover chemicals stuff is top notch that i have tried(that's who make all this stuff)

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
vern said:
Nick have you tried the wash and wax shampoo?, this is supposed to be tops too, i wax with Swissol anyhow, but this is supposed to be good for those in-between momemts, or winter when waxing is a pain!!! ALL the clover chemicals stuff is top notch that i have tried(that's who make all this stuff)

No I've not tried any of their Shampoo products, I'm waxing with Zymol Destiny at the moment, so got the P21s shampoo as I wanted to be sure of not stripping it off.....I'll have to try either the Active F or Wash and Wax once the P21s runs out! :happy:

Whilst I was at Grahams today I also got 6 huge Jumbo blue rolls for about £12 top stuff ....

Let me know how the tyre gloss is, I'll be needing some soon!

platinum

Ex LCR man
Nov 12, 2003
Surrey
Visit site
Thanks guys.

Vern have you tried anything else on the car. I wondered about trying Swissol car bath as I have Swissol wax but £20 for 500ml seems daft. Was also recommended to use P21s or Poorboys Slick & Suds. Oh and Meguiars Gold.

On another note what do you think of the 330d?? Nearly bought one before the Audi.

Cheers :D

platinum

Ex LCR man
Nov 12, 2003
Surrey
Visit site
Message for Vern

Vern

Are you sure its the activ F stuff?? What I had was yellow and looks more like the wash & wax as follows;

OUR CODE Z240011 A MILD DILUATBLE EMULSION FOR REGULAR VEHICLE CLEANING BY HAND. FREE RINSING FORUMLA PRODUCES A SPOT FREE FINISH. SAVING OF £3.89 ON LIST PRICE

The activ F says its for automatic car washers. Please advise.

thanks mate

WatchHill

Twonk
Mar 10, 2004
Cumberland
www.gunculture.net
platinum said:
I had my Cupra R 'Swissoled' .... ....and last year my A4

Might seem a daft question but are you topping up the wax? Swissol is nowhere near as durable as some would have you believe. 2-3 months on a daily driver.

For washing Poorboys Slick & Suds is good and a bottle of that will last you ages. Never used P21s but hear good things about that too. Any premium brand will see you right TBH.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.