What colour?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Since the cars going back on the road shortly (I've found a reason to do it..) I've decided to spruce the wheels up.

Currently they're OZ Super T's in white, which is looking pretty poorly

So I took my paint removing attachment to it & started rubbing it off.

The question is - on a black car, what colour should I do them?

polished isn't an option though as they're cast so the surface isn't that smooth

main.php

Here it has Super T's up front & the crapola Ronals on the rear (just shagged the fronts round cadwell)

cupra R con

Normal member
Mar 23, 2004
hell
having asked the same question about my wheels & regretting the 'black' look, i would say silver is safest.
but given my time again i would plumb for the met gray the the santimonica alloys have on the painted bits.
:cheers:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
that might well work

I was thinking either way to do the insides black since they show the dirt so badly

then the outer in grey might look good, as long as it doesn't look dirty..

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Must be hard with a black car - black would look good, but maybe too much black.

Silver would look like you haven't tried...

I think anthracite.

Although I still like those black with red pinstripe ones :whistle:

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Whichever way you look at it the inners will get shitted up very quckly, cant see the point in going to the effort of painting the inners black to try and mask the filth that will accumalate as it will be minimal.

White would be best looking, but high maintenence to keep them looking tip top. I cant see you out on the drive every saturday armed with wonder wheels & tooth brush.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
F2 Stu said:
Whichever way you look at it the inners will get shitted up very quckly, cant see the point in going to the effort of painting the inners black to try and mask the filth that will accumalate as it will be minimal.

White would be best looking, but high maintenence to keep them looking tip top. I cant see you out on the drive every saturday armed with wonder wheels & tooth brush.

I have done, and all the polish & spit.

But not in the past 14 months. I think I wandered past with the jet wash a couple of times.

anyway, it shall be done, and now I've sanded about 1/4 of one wheel off (the OE paint is real thick!) it needs to be done.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
andyj said:
Mark, use Nitromors to stripped the paint off!!

just gonna say the same - doing mine that way

i reckon def black on the back

black/silver/white/polished been done

as marts says -bright anthracite - sort of met grey on the side of silver

black be too much - was for me

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Id say keep them white for the OEM/rally look but if you wnat a change how about anthracite?

Maybe barking up the wrong tree (taste wise) but what about shadow chrome? You can have them black but not too black and if you get them powder coated it would solve the surface issues

hopkinsgm

Do-doo-be-do-do-dooo
May 25, 2001
Swindon (occasionally)
Visit site
I reckon anthracite is going to be a bit close to black, i'd suggest a lighter grey - something along the lines of Seat Battleship Grey (sorry, Platinum) with a satin lacquer.

Spraying them up one colour inside and a different colour on the face sounds like an idea but I reckon it's just going to be an enormous amount of hassle - and remember m0rk, hassle = bad. Obviously, they're your wheels, so do what you like at the end of the day but I reckon after sanding the wheels down, you'll have seen enough of those spokes and won't be able to bring yourself to spend ages masking them all. There's a lot of spokes to mask on a set of Super-T's...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.