What does a Cupra idle at?

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
Noticed that my idol was a bit lower today at 750rpm (on the line under the 1000rpm mark) I'm sure it's ment to be higher, and when i'm sat it traffic i can feel the car lumping no and again but the revs don't hunt or anything. Any ideas? I've just had a visit to the dealers :happy:

Red Cupra

Re: What does a Cupra idol at?

Just been out and checked mine, it was idling slightly higher, then I turned the AC off and it dropped down to 750, so the three of us are screwed!

vngtx

its normally between 800 and 1000 but having extra load on an engine will make it lower. you can always adjust the idle.

vngtx

id be worried if it went lower than that as the oil pump wouldnt get the oil quick enough to the turbo.

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol

Thing is mine used to idol at ayound 900rpm but now it has dropped, only noticed it today, maybe it's the hot weather? Have no idea

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005

Vag-Com shows that my cars idle fluctuates between 720-760rpm with the aircon switched off and 800-840rpm with it switched on.

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
I'll have a decent look tomorrow, but i'm sure it used to idle at around 800rpm 900rpm with aircon off

Last edited:

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
Just checked and with econ off it idles at around 800-900 and switch econ on and it settles to 750rpm

HuckingFell

Red Rules
Jan 22, 2009
Leicester
I get the bumpy idle as well but you don't notice it unless your thinking about it. Must admit that it was slightly concerned when I first got mine, till I read a thread on here about it!

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
I get the bumpy idle as well but you don't notice it unless your thinking about it. Must admit that it was slightly concerned when I first got mine, till I read a thread on here about it!

I don't always get it, i can be sitting in traffic and i'll feel quite a thud as if someone has just stampted their foot on the floor of the car,

Also my exhaust sound on idle is lumpy if that makes sense, like its not a smooth rhythm sound

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise