What Engine Coolant for a TDI 184

Zaco95

Oct 31, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Hi Guys,

Right my engine coolant level is within the "min" zone on the reservoir on my TDI 184. I have never had to buy engine coolant before for any of my cars so can someone please help me and point me in the right direction of what to buy? (FYI car will be having its first service in about 8000 miles which is about 7 months for me)

Thanks in advance

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
Only slight thing that would be crossing my mind is what has caused the coolant level to drop. May be worth checking for leaks. One of my mk2 Leon's needed it radiator replacing due to a technician/monkey doing a bit of bodge job when replacing the condenser. The coolant dropped pretty sharpish in that case but sometimes it can be an annoying slow thing - maybe a slightly lose hose?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

veno

Feb 9, 2016
Sofia, Bulgaria
www.bulforum.com
This have been discussed a lot of times here. Usually from the factory the coolant system is not very well vented and there is air inside. On the end of first month after I took my TDI184 I noticed the coolant is at minimum, bought some G13 and topped it with some distilled water, I think ratio was 1:1. Now year later I am between middle an top.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.