What Happens after a day at Crail!

R 20vt J

Ross Jamieson
Mar 29, 2007
Irvine, Scotland
Was at crail on Sunday with my bro and his mates.
My Bro took his celica vvti190 down the strip most of the day and also everyone ended up racing on the way home...

The next day my he decided to change his brake pads because they were worn and found a crack in both discs. Once he removed the disc he noticed the other side was ****ed.

Thought i would post a pic up because when i seen it i thought holy **** ... lol

Image006.jpg

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
how the hell did they end up lookin like that

There is a long run off after the finish line so you must have been hammering it down the track right till the end before you hit the brakes lol

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
i thought it was the pressure plate of a clutch .

look at the fecking rust,thats beyond "time to change"

R 20vt J

Ross Jamieson
Mar 29, 2007
Irvine, Scotland
He was planning on uprating the brakes anyway. Hes not had the cr tha long and belonged to my couzin before that who is a fast driver.

Think the disc had also ended up thin aswell whih mde it crack easier... think it was morethan the day at crail thatcaused it but it topped it off lol

Would never let my car get into this state and i will never let him drive the cupra eitherlol

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Worst disc I've seen in one piece. The inner pad must have been metal to metal for a while.

seen a wafer thin one that broke off completely in my hand once

had a few more than 1 set of pads on them rotors :redface:

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
Thats f****** dodgy, lucky it wasnt left any longer to get changed or u mite have had quite a situation on ur hands:blink:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.