What New Tyres 1.9 TDI FR

barlowdjb

Mar 20, 2013
Stoke-On-Trent
Hi Guys

i have an 05 plate 1.9 tdi fr and shes in need of some new tyres

i currently have bridgestone turanza er300 205/45 r 16 83w tyres on her

was wondering what tyres you lot have? what you reccomend? sould i stick with the bridgestone or are the cheaper alternatives just as good?

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
I would get something cheaper like Falkens or Kuhmo's. I never buy top brand tyres you pay so much more when cheaper alternatives do just as good a job.

tcm1106

Torque Addict
Apr 21, 2011
Rugby
Hi Guys

i have an 05 plate 1.9 tdi fr and shes in need of some new tyres

i currently have bridgestone turanza er300 205/45 r 16 83w tyres on her

was wondering what tyres you lot have? what you reccomend? sould i stick with the bridgestone or are the cheaper alternatives just as good?

Had a set of Avon ZZ3s on the front for a while and they were very disappointing. Currently on Hankook V12s which seem to be a lot better.

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I, too, have had Hankook V12s on my car for the past few years. I really like them but, for some reason, they won't hold their pressure. This is probably due to the crappy local supplier/fitter, so isn't the tyres' fault. My preferred local fitter doesn't supply Hankooks so I will probably try something different next time.

Don't laugh but I am considering these Evergreens. They are cheap and seem to be getting good reviews. I will let you know if I kill myself with them. ;)

Apr 12, 2010
Used to tear the tread of kumhos for fun and they were terrible in the wet. On rainsports now, which are good but feel a bit numb and are very sensitive to pressure difference.

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
best tyres ive had were the bf Goodrich g force profiler. 205 45 r16.
currently on the cheapest set ive ever owned nankang ultrasport. bloody terrible. lol . sooo bad its funny.. like driving around on 4 wheels all in slightly differing directions and all wobbly like jelly. I will change them soon enough and its the wifeys car anyhow..

mickyp1989

Dec 8, 2011
wouldnt scrimp on tires afterall they are the only thing keeping you on the road. when i bought my car it had some cheap tires on it and they were loud and terrible in all weather conditions.

i switched to michelin pilot sport 3s and goodyear eagle f1s. both considerably quiter and alot more grip.

Gizza

May 11, 2013
Kumho LE sports are what ive got fitted they seem pretty good and last well. try camskill.co.uk for a good price

bradfr

Jun 3, 2013
I, too, have had Hankook V12s on my car for the past few years. I really like them but, for some reason, they won't hold their pressure. This is probably due to the crappy local supplier/fitter, so isn't the tyres' fault. My preferred local fitter doesn't supply Hankooks so I will probably try something different next time.

Don't laugh but I am considering these Evergreens. They are cheap and seem to be getting good reviews. I will let you know if I kill myself with them. ;)

I've just got these exact tires on my fr and for the money they're actually very good! Give great grip in the wet and dry. Only bad point is they sometimes feel a bit wobbly when accelerating hard from low speeds

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I've just got these exact tires on my fr and for the money they're actually very good! Give great grip in the wet and dry. Only bad point is they sometimes feel a bit wobbly when accelerating hard from low speeds
That's interesting. The only really bad reviews I have seen for them is from some guy with an MPV who complained that the sidewalls are soft and made his (heavy) car feel unstable at speed. It probably explains why they score so well for quietness and comfort. It wouldn't put me off them and I will probably give them a go.

bradfr

Jun 3, 2013
That's interesting. The only really bad reviews I have seen for them is from some guy with an MPV who complained that the sidewalls are soft and made his (heavy) car feel unstable at speed. It probably explains why they score so well for quietness and comfort. It wouldn't put me off them and I will probably give them a go.

Yeah the sidewalls are quite soft. Wouldn't say it makes the car feel unstable though and it does make for more comfortable motorway driving

Justinio

May 28, 2013
West Sussex
Another vote for Uniroyal Rainsports. They are amazing in the wet, and give so much confidence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.