What next..

Boj27

Dec 15, 2015
London
Warranty on my cupra runs out in May 2017. I am wanting piece of mind as I do with all cars, so I'll probably be swapping then. I can't quite decide what to get next. Hopefully there will still be the cupra deals on in May next year, I'm not hopeful but I'd like to be able to pick up a lease for £280 a month in auto, black pack with the adaptive cruise control.

But there are then other options. I could get a BMW 335D xdrive msport boggo for £367, or possibly the thought of a golf R but I'm a little reluctant because there are too many of them. I also know a facelift cupra is imminent next year. I quite like the idea of 4wd because even with my PSS on the front of my cupra, the wheels still spin at 70mph if you floor it. I'd quite like to get away from that, but at £280 a month another cupra for 2/3 years is a deal compared to the other 2 cars.

With this being the cupra forum I'm expecting some bias, but what are your thoughts?

Boj27

Dec 15, 2015
London
Hmm, not too sure if I trust myself in a rear wheel drive car in the wet...I mean that top gear episode of the m135i spinning out in the wet in a STRAIGHT line was enough to keep me away I feel....and they don't look great :(

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
They definitely keep you on your toes! I've had my dads for about a month now (M235i) and they're pretty fun to spin out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
My warranty runs out around the same time; but I'll be extending mine for another 2 years. I want to keep hold of mine because I love it that much.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Wondering this myself tbh after having 3 Leon's.

Fancy getting a "Weekend car" something like a MK2 Golf GTI, but I know what ever I get as a daily I will modify as well haha.

dids

Apr 5, 2015
Stockport
Have you been given any prices to extend your warranty and have you had to have it serviced at Seat.My warranty is up in April was thinking of how much it would be ,but my car is serviced at my brothers Vauxhall garage.

Boj27

Dec 15, 2015
London
I spoke to a dealer about extending the warranty for another 2 years, but apparently it's not dealership warranty that they can provide, the warranty you buy it through a 3rd party and you're then subjected to them deeming some parts not covered due to wear and tear and all that b****locks, I don't really want to give them my money for that. Apparently dealerships can't extend the warranty because it's a conflict of interest...hmm.

I looked online for quotes considering it's the same stuff I'm going to be buying if buying through a dealer it seems, and it was around £700 a year to cover everything!

ActionScript

Mar 10, 2016
I spoke to a dealer about extending the warranty for another 2 years, but apparently it's not dealership warranty that they can provide, the warranty you buy it through a 3rd party and you're then subjected to them deeming some parts not covered due to wear and tear and all that b****locks, I don't really want to give them my money for that. Apparently dealerships can't extend the warranty because it's a conflict of interest...hmm.

I looked online for quotes considering it's the same stuff I'm going to be buying if buying through a dealer it seems, and it was around £700 a year to cover everything!

From what I understand, a lot of dealers will extend your warranty to 5 years, but only if you purchase it when you're purchasing the car, not later down the line.

Then again, there are exceptions to the rule. You may find if you contact Seat again nearer the time they give a different answer, hopefully. Go in and talk to them in person, but then again you may just end up walking out having purchased a brand new Cupra :lol:

Last edited:

Lentäjä

Jan 19, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Why do you guys care so much about the warranty?
I had my last Leon for 7 years and only repairs that i had to do was wiring harness for drivers door,
new micro switch for the boot and new rear view mirror.

Are you worried about your timing chains and DSG:s?

Boj27

Dec 15, 2015
London
Having already been through 1 gearbox in 18k miles, my friend going through a turbo in 5k miles, both costing over 3k in labour and parts cost if it was done out of my own pocket, it leads me to think the cupra is quite a highly strung motor....not a chance I would like to take. If i had a 1.2 tsi I wouldn't be too fussed.

simonsaunders

Jan 5, 2016
Ages until I replace mine.

Recently saw that Porsche are doing 2 year warranties on used cars. I feel quite inclined to investigate something there.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members