What petrol and bonnet struts

pinky1959

Jun 28, 2020
Hi
I am wondering if the Cupra Ateca runs on unleaded petrol ok or does it have to be super unleaded, or say three normal fill ups to one super ?
Also has anyone added bonnet struts to their cars to make it easier to open bonnet?
Thanks in advance .
Great site by the way .

BoyRacer

SUV time!
Aug 5, 2016
It will happily accept either octane.
I'm sure there must be some sort of a gain in using 98 but I've not noticed anything on the few occasions when I've filled up with it.

Reactions: pinky1959

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
The advice in the filler flap is 95 min, 98 recommended. I've compromised by generally running mine on 97 and it's always seemed OK.

Tell

Staff member
Bonnet struts question pops up on the regular Ateca thread from time to time. Hasn't been an answer. Not too tricky to open the body as is and put the bar up. Two handed thou.

My rear electric tailgate did one of its closing acts today without my foot under it. Raining. Load of metal in the back once made it over sensitive to movement around the back and went down by itself. May be the shopping trolley behind :sneaky:. Advice people not to mod out the acoustic beeps for this reason. Pets running underneath to great you home and you stepping back can have that effect. No such automation at the front. ?.

NZ_Cupra

Jul 20, 2019
I have installed a set of the bonnet struts on my Cupra Ateca. Really easy to install and work well. I can take some photos tomorrow if you want to see them installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pinky1959 and Tell

OldTimerSR

May 19, 2020
This should take you to the details that I got from my Amazon past orders record.
Unfortunately they are no longer available from the supplier I got them from last August.
I've just done a quick search and found lots!! Search 'ateca bonnet struts'

Reactions: pburv and pinky1959

pinky1959

Jun 28, 2020
I have found a company that has bonnet struts for the Leon MK4 .
Would I be right in thinking these would fit the Cupra Ateca ? As I don't really fancy buying them if they won't fit.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members