What radio model comes in Cupra r? RNS315?

Cupra R MK2

Sep 21, 2015
Manchester, United Kingdom
Hello!
I have an android radio Nav which I am not happy out, I want to return to the original Radio Nav with bluetooth + gps that came with the car out of the production line, the original had issues with the navegator, therefore I got the Android, I can't find the original :(

I have a hunch it could be RNS 315? but I've also seen RNS 310
My Cupra R is from 2012

Many thanks!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Mine is a 2011 but I believe MY2012 spec (LED tick lights) and mine def comes with an RNS315.

Reactions: Cupra R MK2

Cupra R MK2

Sep 21, 2015
Mine is a 2011 but I believe MY2012 spec (LED tick lights) and mine def comes with an RNS315.
Thanks very much! :)
I found the manual and unfortunately it's called SEAT MEDIA SYSTEM 2.1, there is no mention of the model, the nav stopped working in the original, and they tried to reset it but it didn't have a reset button, so they told me to buy a generic one, it's not giving me any problems but it has an android system which needs to load up everytime I insert the car key, and it's annoying, then in reverse, the music cuts off completely, it also doesn't read and list as many songs as the original with a pendrive full of mp3 songs

Thanks again!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
From what I recall. Media System 2.0 is RNS310. Media System 2.1 is RNS315 with 4 digit postcode lookup and with Media System 2.2 (still RNS315) they added 7 digit postcode.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Many thanks to you all! I'm trying to get hold of a second-hand RNS 315, brand new is ridiculous in price :O Something like 1.600 Pounds
Wait a few more days people who upgraded at Christmas to car play or something will have them on ebay soon haha I'd do a little research to make sure they don't need a code to get going...

Cupra R MK2

Sep 21, 2015
Got my radio rns 315 for a really cheap price, unfortunately the seller didn't "include" the SD card with the navigator :( I guess they are cheap to get as long as they haven't been installed in another radio, is that right?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Got my radio rns 315 for a really cheap price, unfortunately the seller didn't "include" the SD card with the navigator :( I guess they are cheap to get as long as they haven't been installed in another radio, is that right?

I've never had a map card in my RNS315. I've bought updated cards, I use them once and it installs straight onto the unit. I have music in the SD card slot :D

Cupra R MK2

Sep 21, 2015
Reactions: gurpz94

Cupra R MK2

Sep 21, 2015
Ok, got the sd card yesterday, took a long time to install the maps, more than 2 hours, but it's working, warning: don't buy an sd card that has already been installed in another car, it won't work

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.