What SPS settings do you run on your 20vt?

Garth

Back in the S!
Mar 5, 2003
Newcastle
Visit site
Just trying to get an idea of what settings all the Ibiza Turbo owners are running with what fuel.

Has anyone come across a setting that works better than others?

I run Timing 6, low boost 9 (std 98 RON program) on Optimax.
I was previously running std 95 RON program (timing 4, LB9) on Optimax, but changing the timing had no effect.

Deejay

no prawn sarnies ere
Nov 8, 2002
ЯEPUБLIC OF MANCUNIA
some ot the settings I commonly use,the sps3 box gets well used especially now ive moved the odb11 port.

low 9 timing 5 on opticrap
low 9 timing 4 on 95(very rare I do this)
high 2 timing 6 on ultimate
high 3 timing 8 on ultimate (with additive)
low 1 timing 5 (when mrs borrows car!)

andy_dea

Aug 9, 2003
north east
Visit site
hi

on your ibiza i saw you have removed the black strips on the door pillars, are these just tape sort of stuff and painted under them (i.e my saxo was) or did you get them removed and reprayed

cheers andy

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
Re: hi

Originally posted by andy_dea
on your ibiza i saw you have removed the black strips on the door pillars, are these just tape sort of stuff and painted under them (i.e my saxo was) or did you get them removed and reprayed

cheers andy

they're a like a sticky tape, although thicker, i got a cody shop to do mine after i was broken into, looked a bit fiddly, but deejays more creative than me :p

Revo Kev

www.onlyrevo.com
Feb 24, 2003
www.onlyrevo.com
When I use the Ibiza I like to run high boost 5 timing 5 with optimax or ultimate. In fact this setting tends to work well on all cars we do, more aggressive than default level yet not too much that it pulls back. With the weather as it is at the moment you can afford to run slightly higher boost/timing levels.

We were running high boost 5 timing 4 at Mallory on saturday, turned it down to low boost 9 timing 5 as we kept blowing off boost pipes (until we changed the clips!) it was boring after that so I switched back up to HB 5, T 5 once we'd dropped Rich off. Not before we saw a Leon R off at 140 though in the low settings. (bear in mind our car isn't stock anymore)

Jimmyboy

Ladies Love Cool James
Feb 24, 2002
Southampton
I use Optimax all the time so dont go in any other petrol stations very often so what is Ultimate if you dont mind me asking?

Garth

Back in the S!
Mar 5, 2003
Newcastle
Visit site
Kev, I see you're running the timing at level 5. As the default 98ron program is timing 6, is there any benefit to this? Would it be better for my car to use a slightly lower timing than 6??
:cheers:

Shock_Xe

high 9 Timing 6/7 plus H n75, ran well for me..... before I changed spec

Revo: you letting on what your car is now??? Power wise/spec??

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Looking at using the Tesco's 99 Ron Stuff now that prices have come down, especially with the 5p off thing if you spend £50, so what settings do people use with that stuff?

Hasn't been mentioned in above posts as I don't think it was available then.

Mike

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
I agree totally, M0rk helped me optimise the settings for the 95RON Program, and I'm hoping he might with the 98RON, (when I order those flippin washer things), but I just wondered up until we optimise them..

Thanks for link tho,

Mike

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise