What wheels

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
It's a 2015 guys and I've decided to go with 18s just need to find some now.

Guys would wheels that are 235,35,19 go on my Leon fr.
You’ve confused me; you’ve said you’ve decided on 18” wheels but 235/35 R19 are tyres for 19” wheels. Have you found a set of wheels that have 235/35 R19 tyres fitted? If so, they’ll be 19” wheels.

Hiya they are 5x112 and 57 bore, I was just curious if there would be any issues having them on the car
5x112 is the correct bolt pattern for the Leon. The Leon’s centre bore is 57.1 as opposed to 57 (did you mean 57.1?). If the centre bore size is 57.1 then that suggests they may well be wheels off a VAG car as I think 57.1 is specific to VAG cars. What is the offset of the wheels? Are you able to post a picture of one of them, along with a picture of the reverse side that shows the part number, size (width and diameter) and offset, manufacturer details? (those details should be stamped into the reverse side of the spokes if they’re OEM VAG wheels).

Last edited:

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Of the suspension components that differ between pre-facelift and facelift cars.

Differing spring rates surely?
How would I know? I can tell you what I think they've done. Pure speculation of course.

The face-lift is a cost cutting exercise. I do not think they spent loads of money developing completely new suspension. I think they combined elements of the pre-facelift FR and SE/Comfort suspension. I've had an SE too and I pay attention to how suspension behaves.

Pretty confident the anti-roll bars on the pre and post facelift FR cars are the same. I think the springs may be too. But I think the facelift FR has the SE/Comfort dampers.

I should point out that this isn't a criticism. The facelift car is much more comfortable, especially around town, but still corners well. There aren't really any benefits to the firmer set-up of the pre-facelift car. Neither car gives you great feedback from the road so it's not like the older car is more engaging to drive. I'm perfectly happy with either, they are ok set-ups, but for typical daily use the facelift is a better compromise. More comfortable but still able to get a shimmy on when the mood takes you.

Jazzjames

Sep 13, 2018
Germany
235 35 R19 on pre facelift FR with indy rear suspension. Buy good quality tyres and the ride quality is fine. I live in Germany though so better roads than a lot of UK but not marble smooth like all the journos go on about...

Personal taste but I think the car looks good like this. I run 17s in the winter and the difference in comfort is only marginal. It’s not night and day.

I’d probably not buy 19” wheels myself, I’d go for 18s, but the car came with these summer wheels so...

Attachments

• 43055D6E-7F81-466F-84FE-150E9E1A72D4.jpeg
    43055D6E-7F81-466F-84FE-150E9E1A72D4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_9183 (1).jpeg
    IMG_9183 (1).jpeg
    874.8 KB · Views: 89

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
Weighing in late here but after looking recently 18" alloys are notably cheaper than 19" too. You can get a decent set of Bola's for less than £800 on 18" but 19" are £900+. A good set of 18"s and decent tyres sounds like a good way forward and ride will be better.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.