Wheel bearing help

JBRADY95

Jan 8, 2018
York
So I have had my knuckles powdercoated but with the bearings in, wasn’t worried as wanting new ones anyway.
But the new ones have arrived and they’re tapered rather than ball bearings, but there’s 2 bearings per side and no new circlip with them. Can anyone say if they’re the right ones or not? Pic of old ones and new ones below

e96e81888c8a45b95f48262888af5dff.jpg

e52ef33725cb99b32f9a21172c89e349.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Roller bearings as opposed to ball bearing, but essentially do the same job
Are they a decent branded bearings? ive done too many to put cheap ones in

JBRADY95

Jan 8, 2018
York
Roller bearings as opposed to ball bearing, but essentially do the same job
Are they a decent branded bearings? ive done too many to put cheap ones in

They’re a good make but I’m not sure how they fit into the knuckle? And as said, no circlip included? Any ideas if they can fit or are they just wrong?

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
normally when you press them out it will leave the inner race stuck in the hub, this can be a pain to remove unless you do the old welder trick
I'm pretty sure all the ones ive fitted have been in one piece though as opposed to the thrust style like shown

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Are they definitely wheel bearings and not for inside gearbox like input shaft?
As these normally require lube from somewhere or a greasing point whereas wheel ones are often sealed

JBRADY95

Jan 8, 2018
York
normally when you press them out it will leave the inner race stuck in the hub, this can be a pain to remove unless you do the old welder trick
I'm pretty sure all the ones ive fitted have been in one piece though as opposed to the thrust style like shown

I’ll remove the old ones okay, just as said have you fitted roller bearings like above to knuckles that originally house ball bearings? Have you fitted any roller bearings on a leon before?

JBRADY95

Jan 8, 2018
York
Are they definitely wheel bearings and not for inside gearbox like input shaft?
As these normally require lube from somewhere or a greasing point whereas wheel ones are often sealed

According to the seller yes definitely wheel bearings....I think I’ll be returning them anyway

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.