where is the trip odometer

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
On anything post BW 50 2020 - i.e. the ones with proper Connect - Lane Assist seems to be much better. On my car it’s different than the one I test drove last year anyway in that it only seems to come on over 55-60km/h

What do you mean by "proper connect"? Our car was built before week 50 (we took delivery in November) so it would be interesting to know what has changed and whether there is anything the dealer can do to "upgrade" ours.

RacerBice

Nov 25, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
Eminently illustrates how ridiculous this is getting. A two-page thread to discuss the trip odometer. Unbelievable why it's not possible to have a simple solution where both odometers (total and trip) are always displayed in the cluster regardless of view, and with a simple re-set option. My Mark III's were not much better, but at least you could always have either of the two visible. These "smart" infotainment systems are so tiresome, as is the rest of all operations. With this Mark IV, I have had to learn how to support the hand against the dash undercarriage in order to hit the right soft-touch button for various light options. And the climate controls at the bottom of the TFT screen are so completely useless it's hard do imagine how VW could have approved them for production. All in all, I long for old-school flip buttons with a solid mechanical feel. Like in race cars. Now, that would be something. :)

andycalvia

Oct 20, 2004
Ayrshire
Eminently illustrates how ridiculous this is getting. A two-page thread to discuss the trip odometer. Unbelievable why it's not possible to have a simple solution where both odometers (total and trip) are always displayed in the cluster regardless of view, and with a simple re-set option. My Mark III's were not much better, but at least you could always have either of the two visible. These "smart" infotainment systems are so tiresome, as is the rest of all operations. With this Mark IV, I have had to learn how to support the hand against the dash undercarriage in order to hit the right soft-touch button for various light options. And the climate controls at the bottom of the TFT screen are so completely useless it's hard do imagine how VW could have approved them for production. All in all, I long for old-school flip buttons with a solid mechanical feel. Like in race cars. Now, that would be something. :)

I totally agree, I used to work in car rental and trust me it's not just VAG cars that have an issue. It took me half an hour once to find the mileage on the current Civic that a customer had returned. Had to go through sub menu after sub menu just to find it.

Whoever came up with the idea not to back-light the heating controls needs to reevaluate their career in design. Not only is it helpful to have it back-lit, it also looks nice. Double fail.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.