Where to advertise my Cordoba?

Boosh

Mar 19, 2010
Salisbury
Hi all,
I'm looking at buying a new seat but the part-ex figure that the dealer came up with was less than impressive. He however told me about this forum and how helpful it can be. I have never joined or posted anything in a forum before, let alone a car-themed one. I have duely read the rules of the forumand understand that I cannot advertise my Y-reg Cordoba Coupé on this forum, but I thought that someone out there would know of dedicated sites where I could post my car up for sale and get a reasonable offer... Please help,
Thanks for your time, anyway,

Boosh

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
ebay ?

autotrader ?

pistonheads ?

to name the usual few

once you get a few posts (15) you can use the classifieds here also

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
we buy any car dot com.

Try a different dealer aswell. Some of them take the proverbial when it comes to part ex prices.

Also, your car is not worth anything near the figure you think it's worth. Look at the prices on Autotrader and see what comparable cars are not selling for. Every car on there is overpriced if it's been there for more than a few days, but if it's priced realistically then it moves quickly. The price the dealer offers you for your car against his is completely irrelevant. Example:

Dealer A will sell you a new Ibiza, specced as you want, for £15k. He's offered you £3k for yours.

Dealer B will sell you a new Ibiza, specced as you want with a hefty discount for £14k. "I'm doing you a really good deal here mate!" He's offered you £2k for yours.

Which is the better deal?

Price to change is what you need to discuss, but many dealers avoid this figure as much as possible, simply because if the deal they offer has your car part ex price higher then you think you're getting a better deal.