• We're live with the new site! Please let us know what you think in this thread. Also let us know if you spot any quirks.

Where to buy?

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I'm guessing you're talking about VAGCOM? Since it's owned by a single company, there really is only one supplier so only one price. I don't think I've even seen one being sold second hand when I think about it.

There might be some saving by getting it from another country and taking a gamble with exchange rates, but you have to take into account C&E charges and postage.

If you want to save money, go down the Ebay lead route and take your chances. I did and it's served me well, others have a bit more trouble.

Last edited:
Yes, I meant VCDS from Ross Tech.

I appreciate it's one company that produces it, though there are several UK distributers, I wondered if any of them where known to offer discounts or better pricing than another?

I've tried the cheep eBay route back in 2005 with my MK4 Ibiza, in 09 I got a cracked Chinese copy when i got the A3 which works well but cracked updates are a little slow if not none existent.

Got a new Superb coming on the 1st of March so I think it's about time I got a proper copy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
Yes, I meant VCDS from Ross Tech.

I appreciate it's one company that produces it, though there are several UK distributers, I wondered if any of them where known to offer discounts or better pricing than another?

I've tried the cheep eBay route back in 2005 with my MK4 Ibiza, in 09 I got a cracked Chinese copy when i got the A3 which works well but cracked updates are a little slow if not none existent.

Got a new Superb coming on the 1st of March so I think it's about time I got a proper copy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are a keen VAG enthusiast, I think it's worth every penny.

Letchworth SEAT - car sales sponsor