Where to buy?

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I'm guessing you're talking about VAGCOM? Since it's owned by a single company, there really is only one supplier so only one price. I don't think I've even seen one being sold second hand when I think about it.

There might be some saving by getting it from another country and taking a gamble with exchange rates, but you have to take into account C&E charges and postage.

If you want to save money, go down the Ebay lead route and take your chances. I did and it's served me well, others have a bit more trouble.

Last edited:
Yes, I meant VCDS from Ross Tech.

I appreciate it's one company that produces it, though there are several UK distributers, I wondered if any of them where known to offer discounts or better pricing than another?

I've tried the cheep eBay route back in 2005 with my MK4 Ibiza, in 09 I got a cracked Chinese copy when i got the A3 which works well but cracked updates are a little slow if not none existent.

Got a new Superb coming on the 1st of March so I think it's about time I got a proper copy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
Yes, I meant VCDS from Ross Tech.

I appreciate it's one company that produces it, though there are several UK distributers, I wondered if any of them where known to offer discounts or better pricing than another?

I've tried the cheep eBay route back in 2005 with my MK4 Ibiza, in 09 I got a cracked Chinese copy when i got the A3 which works well but cracked updates are a little slow if not none existent.

Got a new Superb coming on the 1st of March so I think it's about time I got a proper copy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are a keen VAG enthusiast, I think it's worth every penny.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.