Where to change the driver seat (Germany, Belgium, France)

qntrix

Nov 30, 2017
Hello,
I'm having back pain due to the seat not reclining. It was my mistake not to order the electric adjustment.
Thus I seat "on the chair", instead of "in the chair" - meaning that all my weight is pressing on my lower back.
I did have a test drive with an Ateca with electric adjustment - and although it wasn't the best driving position - it was better.
As it impacts my comfort, having to adjust myself each other minute, and thus preventing me from actually paying attention to driving, i would need to change the chair with an electric adjustment one.

Can i please ask for your help in finding a garage to do this in either Belgium, Germany or France (these being the closest countries to me and not exaggeratedly expensive for mods)
Thank you

Tell

Staff member
You could perhaps try the German Ateca forum if you haven't tried them. They are good for technical information. Suspect it will cost a small fortune thou. Hopefully you won't run into a programming issue as the person did who post on here with the tailgate electric motor retrofit they had done. No dealer would touch it. That was ODIS work it required. That's probably where those clever German know more than me. Depends whether the electrics of the seat need to be known to the wider electronics of the car and that's programmable controlled by the factory against VIN. That was the issue of the electric tailgate. Wing mirror uses the memory seat settings I know that - presume to move the mirrors with the seat setting. Might be OK or not, VCDS v ODIS. Later more control by Seat against the build registeration. That was the issue that the person was having who retrofitted Seat / VAG parts to get an electric tailgate connected to the car's system. Might be similar.

https://www.ateca-forum.de/

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.