Where to find spare body parts

Oct 6, 2020
I'm looking to replace the N/S front door on my Leon due to some vandalism damage on the door - I've rung local breaker yards and they've all said they don't have anything like that (maybe not old enough?) and eBay has turned up nothing too.

Are there any other places I could be looking?

Colour code is LW7Z (Gris Track Grey)

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
I'm looking to replace the N/S front door on my Leon due to some vandalism damage on the door - I've rung local breaker yards and they've all said they don't have anything like that (maybe not old enough?) and eBay has turned up nothing too.

Are there any other places I could be looking?

Colour code is LW7Z (Gris Track Grey)

this isn’t a great condition door but a dent man could tidy it up alittle bit make it straight. There isn’t a cleaner door at the moment online by the looks of it but that could change at any time. What’s worse your door or this one?

Oct 6, 2020

this isn’t a great condition door but a dent man could tidy it up alittle bit make it straight. There isn’t a cleaner door at the moment online by the looks of it but that could change at any time. What’s worse your door or this one?

I guess buying a slightly bashed up door and paying for dent repair may actually work out cheaper with better results in the end. My door is definitely worse...

A little nervous about buying it long distance; not sure how I'd explain a 2 hour drive to Southampton if I got pulled over right now though

Attachments

• door ******.jpg
    door ******.jpg
    633.7 KB · Views: 92

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
what is that on your door? Doesn’t look very deep in the paint in your photo? I’m just wondering if it’s just the clear coat damaged or if it’s gone down to the base coat.

Oct 6, 2020
what is that on your door? Doesn’t look very deep in the paint in your photo? I’m just wondering if it’s just the clear coat damaged or if it’s gone down to the base coat.
It's the remains of superglue damage to the car - that's even after removing the hard bits with nail polish and 3000 grit sandpaper. Unfortunately the removal put some very deep scratches into the paintwork.

I'll take a few closer pictures today and upload.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Depending on how deep these scratches are you might be able to get a body shop to machine polished the clear coat to make the marks a lot less obvious. They’d maybe even be able to smart repair the panel it’s definitely worth just getting a body shop to look at it rather then change the door out mate.

Oct 6, 2020
Seeing as there's been so little else to do during lockdown - decided to take a punt on that spare door from eBay and it turned out great. Have a mechanic in the family and he gave me a hand swapping the window regulator and the wiring.

Attachments

• 20210221_133712.jpg
    20210221_133712.jpg
    684.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 20210221_124037.jpg
    20210221_124037.jpg
    595 KB · Views: 67
Jul 24, 2019
Seeing as there's been so little else to do during lockdown - decided to take a punt on that spare door from eBay and it turned out great. Have a mechanic in the family and he gave me a hand swapping the window regulator and the wiring.
Hi,

I've been searching for someone who has done a door replacement! Just wondering how much labour was involved? I need to see which would be more cost effective for my issue , a replacement or panel beater.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi,

I've been searching for someone who has done a door replacement! Just wondering how much labour was involved? I need to see which would be more cost effective for my issue , a replacement or panel beater.
Hi mate are you able to put up a photo of your damaged door I’ll be able to tell you if a PDR can be done on it or if you need a door replaced.

Oct 6, 2020
Hi,

Probably took us about an hour to get it swapped over, would probably have taken twice as long without help from a mechanic though. Nothing particularly complicated involved, just fiddy getting everything to sit in the correct place.

Jul 24, 2019
Hi mate are you able to put up a photo of your damaged door I’ll be able to tell you if a PDR can be done on it or if you need a door replaced.
Great, thanks. My cousin is a mechanic and thinks it may be hard to get a proper seal around the mirror as the inside is also pulled out

Attachments

• 20211018_133441.jpg
    20211018_133441.jpg
    627.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20211018_133420.jpg
    20211018_133420.jpg
    606.4 KB · Views: 43
Jul 24, 2019
Probably took us about an hour to get it swapped over, would probably have taken twice as long without help from a mechanic though. Nothing particularly complicated involved, just fiddy getting everything to sit in the correct place.
Thanks, doesn't sound too bad so. Probably a good bit cheaper, now to wait for the right colour one to pop up

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Great, thanks. My cousin is a mechanic and thinks it may be hard to get a proper seal around the mirror as the inside is also pulled out
Yea that’s pretty bad. Might be easier to replace the door with one off a car with the same colour code and hope it matches.

Jul 24, 2019
Yea that’s pretty bad. Might be easier to replace the door with one off a car with the same colour code and hope it matches.
Hey dude, sorry to bring up an old thread. I think I found a door, but did the door change with the face-lift in 2009, do you know?

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hey dude, sorry to bring up an old thread. I think I found a door, but did the door change with the face-lift in 2009, do you know?
Hi i had it in my mind that the shell and doors across the mk2 were the same just different boot Bonnet front and rear bumpers. I really wouldn’t like to be wrong on this tho so I wouldn’t like to guess with your money. Me personally wouldn’t risc it.

the best thing to do it call seat with your reg ask to price up the door and send you a estimate to your email. They might if your lucky include the part number.
Then with the Reg of the car the doors coming off call another seat dealer and price up the facelift door and ask them to email you over the estimate hoping the part number is on the email. If it’s the same part number then yes it’s the same. But this is mega long winded way of doing it.

Jul 24, 2019
That's what I heard too, along with different wing mirrors but didn't see about the doors. I'll be going to see it anyway, just wanted to make sure it wasn't definitely on the face lift. I'll report back for future reference. Thanks again

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.