Where to put headlamp beam benders?

chrisash32

Altea Driver
Oct 17, 2007
Hi All!
I am leaving to drive to Germany on Friday and just wanted to ask where do u stick the headlight beam benders that you can get from halfords to convert for LHD?

There were marking on the lamps on my old cars but nothing on this one!

Any ideas?? Dealer wasn't much help!

Chris

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
You need to buy the headlight protectors, and the correct beam patches (touring decals) and marking positions come with them. The markings are on the protectors, and the patches fit on them aswell.

Follow this link, go to Altea 2004, then to Protection, then Headlight Protectors.

Part number ZGB5P1072100 for the protectors, and replacement decals are Part Number ZGB5P1072100A

Edit: - Dealer wouldn't be much help, would he....

Last edited:

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
What my manual states is

"If you have to drive a right hand vehicle in a left hand country or vice versa, the asymmetric dipped beam headlights will blind oncoming traffic. To prevent this glare you must applysstickers to certain parts of the headlight lenses. Further information is available from your TechnicalsService."

That would be the dealers then, is it?

Last edited:

chrisash32

Altea Driver
Oct 17, 2007
Hi,
Thanks for the replies!
Headlight protectors.... I have already got some and even with the black stickers on them they don't seem to make much difference to the left hand side beam!

probably just me! thats why i thought i needed the beam benders as well!

toledo399

I have a 2006 toledo with the same headlights as an Altea. I can confirm that if you follow the guidance in the handbook to instal the tape or converter it does work. I had it checked by a garage on the beam tester and I had no problems driving in Spain. Looking at the guidance in the handbook it would appear to be wrong for the nearside headlight but it works!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise